Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Oh and thanks everyone. I am looking forward to reading up all I missed. Did catch briefly Mame's first couple lines on compression fracture....that is what we found with ma from her april slip outta chair and she had before when she fell square on her butt on our sweet li'l Zoe....my point is, in our case anyway, she recovered just fine the first time when her bones were stronger! Been thinking of you all!
(0)

Man it's warm and raining...I muggy heat is not fun, I got the a/c blowing at 7am to cool the house down so I can clean the mess the cat made while I was gone. The feeder although sweet n helpful did not clean his boxes. So if they to dirty he crap n pee wherever he likes. On my brand new pillowchair microfiber recliner, blankets, couch pillow n lucky the couch is leather! Let alone the layer of scum in the laundry/cat box room floor...Te entire house smells like a litter box. How's that for "grossed out, need to vent"
(2)

Bruised but still breathing...as ever...Got up at 4 AM some cat took a shit in the hole/planter cement by the basement window I keep open all the time..even through parts of Winter...Am waiting to get a bag of rocks to dump in it...big rocks just attracted spiders...whatever. we shall see. sunny, but sprinkling here...I took care of fp morning routine as I was up, way up....Ta all!
Jen "The Professional Grouse".
(2)

Mornin! Doc thinks mom may have a compression fracture in her back. Took lots of blood to check for anything else. Of course, mom pooped when I was trying to get a urine sample to bring in...and then she couldn't pee when they tried to get one... twice. And when we got home, she couldn't pee cause she had already gone in her Depends.... (I would have run the sample back down to the dr office if we could have gotten her to go before they closed) So, today I get to try and get a sample and run it down to them. They gave us a thing to hang on the pot that only catches pee and then you pour it in the cup....SOOOOOOOOO much easier to deal with!!! Really all they can do for comp fracture is pain meds.... but visiting nurses are being requested to come in so that is good. They will have a PT come in and work on strengthening. Poor mom is in so much pain but she sure is a trooper! My sis helped me out yesterday and it was so nice to have another set of hands! She does not know how I get mom to and from daycare or the Dr by myself. I told her that it is easier when she doesn't have back problems! HA! But I guess we just do what we have to do right??? I keep thinking of Deef with her mom and getting her ready for daycare etc. She used to write about what a job that was and it always sounded way harder than what I have to do or put up with. How you doin Deef????
Sharyn, sounds like things may be settling down for mom(and you!). And having hubby answer the phone sounds like a perfect way to calm her from whatever she was calling about! Midget is going to love those walks and you will too!
Cuz-hahaha.... Always good for a laugh! Thank you!
Juju-hope things are progressing.
Jen-How is fp after his fall? Sounds like you are the voice of reason in your house. Good thing mom has you. Take some pride in that.
Meanwhile, haven't heard of the Lost it site but will check it out. My fitness pal is the one I use when I use it!
Weaning is going well from the med. And I feel great! Dreams are so vivid and I can laugh at will! Waiting to see what will get the tears flowing. I have really missed having a good cry once in a while! Doc wants me to stay on 1/2 dose for a month and then half of that for another month so I will be completely off by the end of summer! Other ppl have done it faster but the horror stories are so scary that I am going to do it the way the doc says!
Shout out to Bobbie, Flex, Cat, Christina, Austin, Kuli, Linda, BJ-and Stormy-how are things? Haven't heard from her in a loooong time! Helloo to everyone out there!
Another day near 90 today with humidity! Oh joy! Stayin inside!! Hope everyone has a moment to themselves today! Breathe!!!! Mame
(3)

Juju~Hoping and praying all is going well for you and mom!!!

I started back to work today and it was a good day. The pinched nerve in my arm is still tingling and cause muscle weakness...don't know if this is serious or just par for the coarse.

Mom's phone has been returned to her room and she is calling again but only twice tonight...I was at work so I wasn't there to hear her pleas!! Hubby talked to her once...since she is intimated by men, I am sure him talking to her will deter her from calling much. I visited with her yesterday and will go again on Wednesday when I am off. Over all she is fine, eating, participating.

I just got back from taking Midget for a 30 min. walk around the neighborhood. She is a poodle so she is high energy and should be walked twice a day to get the energy out. She wants to walk me when first start out, LOL!! She is a little dog...well it is midnight so I hope all went well for everyone today and hope tomorrow brings some peace in the all the work of caregiving!! Hugs to all!!
(3)

Words I never thought I would say again here: Home sweet home! I will be busy tomoro but wednes I wanna catch up with y'all and see what been going on!
(2)

IRS ID

A modern day cowboy has spent many days crossing the Dakota prairies without water.
His horse had already died of thirst. He's crawling along the dusty ground, certain that he has breathed his last breath, when all of a sudden he sees an object sticking out of the ground several yards ahead of him.
He crawls to the object, pulls it out of the ground and discovers what looks to be an old briefcase.
He opens it and out pops a genie.
But this is no ordinary genie.
She is wearing an IRS ID badge and a dull grey dress.
There's a calculator in her pocketbook. She has a pencil tucked behind one ear. 'Well, cowboy,' says the genie,
'You know how I work....You have three wishes.'
'I'm not falling for this,' said the cowboy,
'I'm not going to trust an IRS genie.'
'What do you have to lose? You've got no transportation, and it looks like you're a goner anyway!'

The cowboy thinks about this for a minute and decides that the genie is right.
'OK! I wish I were along-side a lush spring with plenty of food and drink.'
***POOF***
The cowboy finds himself beside the most beautiful spring he has ever seen, and he's surrounded with jugs of wine and platters of delicacies.
'OK, cowpoke, what's your second wish.'
'My second wish is that I was rich ....
beyond my wildest dreams.'
** *POOF***
The cowboy finds himself surrounded by treasure chests filled with rare gold coins and precious gems.
'OK, cowpuncher, you have just one more wish.
Better make it a good one!'
After thinking for a few minutes, the cowboy says,

'I wish that no matter where I go, beautiful women will want and need me.'

***POOF***

He was turned into a tampon.

Moral of the story:

If the U.S. government offers to help you,

there's going to be a string attached.
(4)

For a couple years I 've been blaming it on lack of sleep and too much pressure from my job, but now I found out the real reason:
I'm tired because I'm overworked.
The population of this country is 237 million.
104 million are retired.
That leaves 133 million to
do the work.
There are 85 million in school, which leaves 48 million to do the work. Of this there are 29 million employed by the
federal government, leaving 19 million to do the work.
2.8 million are in the Armed Forces, which leaves 16.2 million to do the work.
Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for State and City Governments and that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.
At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.
Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.
That leaves just two people to do the work.
You and me.
And you're sitting at your computer reading jokes.
(3)

Jen, he is afraid to die because of what he is. God IS helping you. He will fade slowly away until he disappears. Maybe one morning you will wake up and he will be gone.
I know you have been thinking that for many years. I hope you will be able to enjoy your life then. Always praying for your strength to endure. He really needs a DNR.
Maybe you could bring up the subject at breakfast tomorrow with both of them? That will get the oatmeal spewn on the walls. Maybe make it a little dry with slivered almonds? "Gasp" Inhale, fp.
Love you girls and Cuz:) xoxo
(4)

g fell this morning. not only did mo not hear it....she stood there after calling me and didn't know what to do...Jesus Christ I have entered a new harder roll here...Hits just keep on coming. The firetruck came assessed as usual he is not injured other that sore and a skin tear no going to hospital, he is not sure if he hit his head and the Lead Fireman asked about DNR operatives in place...He doesn't have any he doesn't want it...The guy said he has seen people code at 98 and have end stage cancer and they have to keep them alive because there is no information about DNR....Well here's the info, fp wants life at any cost, all the way no leaving no bowing out no DNR no coding just keep him breathing till he explodes?... God help me.

MMmMonday...Jen
(3)

Mom was up at 3am to pee...calling me to help her cause her back pain was so bad she couldn't get herself up...after much effort and pain for her even with my help, she sits on the pot. And sits. Pain so bad, she can't pee! Tried everything-no luck. Gave her Tylenol and got her back in bed and she slept till 8! Got her up and she peed even tho in pain. Called DR to tell them I am bringing in a urine sample but he wants to see her. Wish us luck please! It will be a big deal getting her there but we will get there! Of course it is 90 degrees and humid. I hope she doesn't end up in the hospital! According to Medicare, pain is not a diagnosis that can admit her to hospital... If she needs hospitalization, I hope we get a good diagnosis like UTI or something. UGH! The system sucks. She is eating b'fast now. Poor thing. Dammit!!!!!! Mame
(3)

Sorry to here that Juju. Do you plan to stay in the new location? I hope you can work that out and find more support in caring for your mom. Have you had any luck finding a facility? Possibly Hospice can help you? Also, there is the Area on Aging that might be of help to you in a larger city. Wish I had the right words to say or the ability to be there to lend a hand. Keep us posted.
(2)

Well the doc did not have the time of day to review moms status, i had requested a family conference at release but didnt happen. Welll they sed indications she is entering the "end of life" stage.
(2)

Jen you need to charge old FP for the yard work, and all the other things you do. It would cost him a lot if he had to pay someone.
Over did it with the foot, or wore the wrong shoes yesterday, but it is just the back of my heel that is sore, it is supposed to be the bones in the mid foot that were broken. Had some pulled tendons in my heel before I broke it, guess they are still pulled? The foot Dr wanted to sell me some $600 custom orthodics, not in my budget. Did ride my horse yesterday, that was wonderful.
Mame, glad you had a good time at the party. Sounds like you know what your doing with your meds. I really like the Lose It site, it's great for counting calories. I lost 10 pounds before I broke my foot, only 3 pounds waiting for my foot to heal. But, I'm going to try and stick with it no matter how long it takes.
Love that bit of Wisdom, Sharyn. Hope everyone is having a quiet Sunday.
(3)

Have checked, as I live here and they live here, his money is here, I am here, we is here and here is You do not qualify for aid. It seems wrong but I can understand it. It isn't my money, but it is here and others have less...What the hell ever. did some more yard work, watching Yankees Game. Nice sunny day, gonna enjoy it one way or another...
(1)

Good Sunday morning all. Got out last evening to a summer party. It was great to get out and it was with Hubby's friends so he had a good time too. Funny-one woman and I really knew no one-so we struck up a conversation and guess what we talked about?! Caregiving!!! She cared for her mom for a few years a few years ago and her mom has since died. We had a nice conversation and made a connection. She is also an animal lover and loves to read so we talked for a long time! It was a beautiful night-and the supermoon-well-the moon was huge but I didn't think it was any bigger than normal...Then I slept late this morning so I am not sure if it looked any bigger later in the night.

I have to tell you guys-I have been on anxiety meds for many years. Because of the weight gain and the excessive sweating, I have decided to try and go off of it. OMG! I didn't realize how much it was repressing my moods! The other day I had to take my sons out somewhere and I laughed so hard at something it startled me! I can't remember the last time I laughed like that! Now, mind you, these meds saved my life-and I never thought I would go off them. But I am thinking there is a time for everything. Hopefully, I have learned over these years how I am supposed to be in an anxious situation and can keep myself at an even keel. We will see! My dreams have been very vivid and storytelling! I am keeping a journal of the weaning process. So far-amazing. I had read horror stories of withdrawal and am hoping that doesn't happen-so far so good!

Mom is ok but the back is still bothering her. Monday I am bringing in a sample of urine to the DR to check for UTI. She has been sleeping more and is more confused. No other symptoms-but this is just not her. Gonna check it out just in case. Yesterday morning she woke up in a great mood-but thought she was in a hospital and the nurses had woken her at 6am with meds....and how did I like her new private room? I just go along with her. Later she was fine and knew where she was. We will see how she is today.
Jen, we need to kidnap you. Hello to Flex and Menwhile and Bobbie and Cuz and Sharyn and Juju and Kuli and Cat and Deef and everyone else out there!
Sunny and hot and humid here. AC deployed! Mame
(3)

Sharynmarie!
How did you know I needed to hear that? Thank you so much.

Cuz! You got boat time!

Jen! screw the window and screw them all. Whatever you need to do to survive this. Can you go and get some assistance and medical care? In the eyes of the state of W, Just because your mother and grandfather have money doesn't mean that you do so you could qualify for help. Take the help.
Have you looked into that? It's all about how you answer the questions.
The bottom line is that you have no money and no income after being a caregiver to your grandfather. You need medical assistance and living assistance.
You barely have a place to live.

OK, it's 4:30am and I am looking for the SuperMoon. I guess I missed it. I see the RegularMoon but not the SuperMoon.
The tides are extra high and extra low because of this moon and right now we are at low tide with 19.5' of water under the keel. High tide we had 28' under the boat. Thankfully we are on a floating dock.

Shirley! How's the foot?

Kuli! it's good to see you!

DEEF!

Mame! how's it going?

Everybody!

ok, going to make some coffee. I'm up so why not.

lovbob
(5)

A bit of wisdom from Soulseeds....You can’t control the wind, but you can set your sails and point your life in a direction that excites you. Sunrise is a daily reminder to put the past behind you and see your life in a new light. You have choice. You have power. You have priorities. You have perseverance. Make it a day where you light up the sky with optimism.
(8)

A lady decided to give herself a big treat for her 85th birthday by staying overnight in an expensive hotel.

When she checked out next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $450.00.

She exploded and demanded to know why the charge was so high. "It's a nice hotel but the rooms certainly aren't worth $450.00 for just an overnight stay! I didn't even have breakfast."

The clerk told her that $450.00 is the 'standard rate,' so she insisted on speaking to the manager.

The manager appeared and, forewarned by the desk clerk, informed the woman, "This hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use."

"But I didn't use them," she said.

''Well, they are here, and you could have," explained the manager.

He went on to explain that she could also have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which the hotel is famous . "We have the best entertainers from the world over performing here," the manager said.

"But I didn't go to any of those shows," she said.

"Well, we have them, and you could have," the manager replied.

No matter what amenity the manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!" and the manager countered with his standard response.

After several minutes discussion with the manager unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check, and gave it to him.

The manager was surprised when he looked at the check. "But madam, this check is for only $50.00."

"That's correct. I charged you $400.00 for sleeping with me," she replied.

"But I didn't!" exclaimed the very surprised manager.

"Well, too bad. I was here and you could have."

Don't mess with Senior Citizens.
(5)

Jen hang in there cause you might win that lottery.
(1)

Hey cuz just got back from the U.P. Saw one of the biggest ships to go thru the locks up there. had a good time. Mike is hanging in there. Wishes he had his legs back. Time will tell. We had rain just for one day up there now the temps are going to be in the 90's with rain, rain and more rain.
Love ya Cuz
(2)

oh man.
(1)

Sorry Jen....sounds like a damned if you do damned if you don't. Whatever you do, don't take it personal and know that you are doing all you can...you are appreciated and valued!! Hugs!!
(2)

Hey all, bag of grouse here...Over dd yard work made myself sick...here's one...I was removing old caulk form the back window, long time needed to be replaced no one else is gonna do it....big plate glass storm window on back Southern dinning room window...yep...Crack! I broke it...I just don't care any more. Mom said she Used to take it off for summer...That is so long ago I don't remember...So I took it off...It is in the garage now, under some plastic coverings...Mom knows it was cracked, she doesn't know it is broken now...I am gonna go throw up now...Jen
Oh and FP got his new glasses, my left lens popped out into the yard while I was weeding etc...pahahahaaahahaa ha
who cares. I'm going back to bed.
(1)

Good Morning Crew,

Jeeze Cuz. Sorry things are so bad.

Raining here and can't get boat repairs done but you can't do anything about the rain so why worry?

Hope everybody is doing the best they can with what they have to deal with.

lovbob
(1)

Little Poem, so True it Hurts
Another year has passed
And we're all a little older.
Last summer felt hotter
And winter seems much colder.

There was a time not long ago
When life was quite a blast.
Now I fully understand
About 'Living in the Past'.

We used to go to weddings,
Football games and lunches.
Now we go to funeral homes
And after-funeral brunches.
We used to have hangovers,
From parties that were gay.
Now we suffer body aches
And whine the night away.

We used to go out dining,
And couldn't get our fill.
Now we ask for doggie bags,
Come home and take a pill.

We used to often travel
To places near and far.
Now we get sore asses
From riding in the car.

We used to go to nightclubs
And drink a little booze.
Now we stay home at night
And watch the evening news.

That, my friend is how life is,
And now my tale is told.
Enjoy each day and live it up
Before you're too damned old
(5)

Going through the books again, gutting basement back on...It's something...
(3)

Good morning all Just saying Hi and tgif...
Will be busy day. Getting ma out today and dr/family conference!
Still not sure what Is going on, had to leave her alone there for a last two days to get things taken care, so I will see what they have to say! fingers crossed!
Hope you all have a smile today!
Luv,
Juju
(2)

TGIF! I had to get more BOAT time......Love ya
(3)

Jen-I am wondering of it is sundowning too.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter