Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I wish I could say that I have less to do but I don't. I still have responsibilities to my mom plus the emotional connection that I don't see changing nor would I want it to. I have scheduled a dr. appt. for next Wed. Of course I could schedule it so the community takes mom on their appt. days, Tues/Thurs. but I don't want to. I had lunch with her on Tues. and last Fri. She is still adjusting as far as being more social with others, but she is sleeping well. On Tues. we had baked ham w/glaze sauce, brussel sprouts and scalloped potatoes and coconut cream pie for dessert. We went for walk with her dog, and just hung out for 2 hours. It was relaxing and nice to spend quality time instead of rushing my time with her because I needed to take her grocery shopping, give her medicine, take her for a hair cut then get home to cook dinner, do laundry or clean the kitchen. We spend much more time together and time that is not rushed and it is meaningful. My brother visited her yesterday and sis and I will see her on Sat. again. I am going to call her tonight. Once she has acclimated more I will take her out places for lunch, dinner, some shopping. We still have the house to deal with, today I went over and watered the flowerbeds and will prune all the roses on Sat. I need a caregiver and a gardener now at my house, LOL!! Hope you all have a good weekend, stay cool for those of you experiencing the summer temps!!
(1)

Well, it was 85 degrees yesterday, and 35 degrees this afternoon. Supposed to get in the 20's tonight. Oh, and the wind is blowing at 50 mph. Had to put winter blankets on the 2 old horses. Have tomato and pepper plants in the garden already, will have to try and cover them all up.
Goodness, Mame did they give a reason why your sister can't visit daycare? And, why did they tell you? They should tell your sister.
(2)

Mame~I am thinking that because your mom is in daycare, it is not the same as if she were a resident so they have a routine that does not include visitors. It would be the same if you had a child in daycare and grandma came to visit there instead of at home. It is hot here too, in the 90's, we had no spring this year.
(1)

Ouch Cuz! Haha...
So, my sister visited mom twice now at the daycare. The daycare called me today to tell me to tell her she can't visit mom there. Apparently it is too disruptive...I guess if they are in the middle of one of their memory games... I guess I understand but part of me doesn't. I am not sure how long she was there but she was still there when I picked mom up and alls they are doing is sitting in recliners with the TV on waiting for pick up. I guess I am just surprised. I just wondered what experiences any of you have had?
Gorgeous weather here in CNY. Had mom on the deck today for lunch. She loved watching all the birds in the yard. We had to go over what trees and bushes I have out there 400 times...poor thing. I guess I have to be happy she even knows they are trees. Don't mind me, I am just itching to be free-with all this wonderful weather... UGH. Hope you all are doing well. Mame
(2)

ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE!

On their 50th anniversary, a wife found the negligee she wore on her wedding
night and put it on. She went to her husband, a retired Marine , and asked,
"Honey, do you remember this?"

He looked up from his newspaper and said; "Yes dear, I do. You wore that
same negligee the night we were married"

She said, "Yes, that's right. Do you remember what you said to me that
night?

He nodded and said "Yes dear, I said: Oh baby, I'm going to suck the life
out of those boobs and screw your brains out."

She giggled and said, "That's exactly what you said. So now it's fifty years
later, and I'm in the same negligee. What do you have to say tonight ?"

He looked her up and down and said, " Mission Accomplished!!!
(1)

Cua: You crack me up!!!

Lildeb: So good to hear from you. What's going on in your world. Just know we all love you and miss hearing from you.

Deef, Diane, Bobbie and the rest. What's Up?

Cat
(0)

Cuz you kill me-now I have more jokes to tell the YOUNG seniors at the senior center.
(0)

Poor Skunk

A man and his wife were driving home one very cold night when the wife asks her husband to stop the car. There was a baby skunk lying at the side of the road, and she got out to see if it was still alive.

It was, and she said to her husband, "It's nearly frozen to death. Can we take it with us, get it warm, and let it go in the morning ?"

He says, "O.K., Get in the car with it."

"Where shall I put it to get it warm ?"

He says, "Put it in between your legs. It's nice and warm there.

"But what about the smell ?"

"Just hold its little nose."

The man is expected to recover, but the skunk she used to beat him with died at the scene.
(2)

Sex with a patient

A doctor had sex with one of his female patients and felt guilty all day long.
No matter how much he tried to forget about it, he just couldn't.
The guilt and sense of betrayal of his patient were overwhelming.
But every once in a while he'd hear an internal, reassuring voice in his head that said:
"Don't worry about it. You aren't the first medical practitioner to have sex with one of his patients and you won't be the last. And you're single. Just let it go."

But, invariably, another voice in his head would bring him back to reality, whispering...

"You're a veterinarian, you sick bastard."
(2)

You never know what to expect from children…
Daddy Long Legs Stories about children and their views of the world are always touching.

A father watched his young daughter playing in the garden.

He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and pure his little girl
was.
Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about her seeing the wonders of nature

through such innocent eyes. Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground.
He went over to her to see what work of God had captured her attention.

He noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.

'Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?' she asked.

'They're mating,' her father replied.

'What do you call the spider on top?' she asked.

a Daddy Longlegs,' her father answered.

'So, the other one is a Mommy Longlegs?' the little girl asked.

As his heart soared with the joy of such a cute and innocent question he replied,

'No dear.. Both of them are Daddy Longlegs.'

'The little girl, looking a little puzzled,

thought for a moment, then lifted

her foot and stomped them flat..

Well, she said, that may be OK in California ,

but we're not having any of that shit in Montana.
(1)

Warning About eBay:

Be careful what you buy on eBay.
If you buy stuff on line, check out the seller carefully.
A friend has just spent $95, plus sales tax, on a penis enlarger.
Bastards sent him a magnifying glass.

The only instructions said, "Do not use in sunlight."
(4)

At Tiffany's

A lady walks into Tiffany's. She looks around, spots a beautiful diamond bracelet and walks
over to inspect it. As she bends over to look more closely, she unexpectedly breaks wind.
Very embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone noticed her little woops and
prays that a salesperson was not anywhere near. As she turn around, her worst nightmare
materializes in the form of a salesman standing right behind her...good looking as well!
Cool as a cucumber, he displays all of the qualities one would expect of a professional in a
store like Tiffany's. He politely greets the lady with, "Good day, Madam. How may be help
you today?"
Blushing and uncomfortable, but still hoping that the salesman somehow missed her little
'incident,' she asks, "Sir, what is the price of this lovely bracelet?"
He answers, "Madam, if you farted just looking at it, you're going to shit when I tell you the price."
(3)

Mame, a good response is "Bite me"
(3)

Cat, That is great to hear you're the chair person for Alzheimer's walk. I think u will do fine on the fundraising part by reaching out toward other people for you r a people-person. ; ) It does sound like you got a huge zoo going on at your area for that is a lot of baby ducklings. Those Geese can get very mean n territory too. Plus deer, quails n hummies too. I enjoy watching those humming birds but not one n sight here in GA just yet. That is amazing that the birds use the dog's fur for nesting n it does sound quite soft too. U probable could had made yourself a fluffy pillow. lol. Good luck on the fund-drive.
Sharynmarie, sounds like your mom is n a great place with great people around plus, you n your sis can visit your mom whenever you two wish to go see her. Glad to hear y'all had a nice visit too.
meanwhile, that is such a kind thing to do for the cat n her children. I am sure they will get a good home n they have a better chance as well.
Jen, sending u hugs...
(2)

Do you ever wonder what will happen to you if one more person asks you to do something? Do we not do enough caring for our parent-and the people who do not really help out have the audacity to ask for something? "Well, everyone else works so I thought I would ask you" REALLY? About to lose my mind....
(4)

OK I set myself up for that. Too funny.
Jen have you asked the old fart "what are you staring at?" I guess that what do no good. He obviously has no shame.
(1)

I smoked something too that I have always wanted to try. It was great.

oh this was too easy.....

hahahaha

Love you Shirley.

How about a super soaker full of Febreeze, Jen?

FP gives you a leer and you give him a soak. Right in the reekiest area. Would work out for everyone.
Love you too Jen.

lovbob
(3)

Indio smoked some salmon this afternoon. I've always wanted to try that. It was great.
(1)

Holding on to it meanwhile.....it is all I have...

good week all, what ever that means for you....
(1)

He will, Jen. No one lives forever. Sorry your stuck there waiting.
(2)

Great great, things crap as ever here...I take down the "Always wash your hands with soap and water after using the bathroom" sign... may replace it with "Eat Shit and DIE Old Bastard!!!" I get dinner cleared up and bend TO THE SIDE ALWAYS THE SIDE to pick up dogs food bowl and come up and there is old f*^#@g pervert pants staring at my ass...when is he gonna die why won't he just f#%@g DIE!!!!!!!????
(0)

Meanwhile: How sad about your step-sister's mom. It must be overwhelming, to say the least, to try and empty a home filled to the brim with stuff.

Well, today mama duck brought at least 14 babies to our pond. We hope most will make it, but ducks are just not in the same league with geese when it comes to taking care of babies. Poor mom is all by herself...dead beat dad no where in sight. How is she supposed to keep 14 babies safe?

Gold finches showed up in the last week. They are like little bright Christmas ornaments. They are chowing down on the thistle seed we put out.

Found a good use for my bountiful supply of Sheltie dog fur. I roll it in a paper towel and tie it to a tree branch in the middle. The dog hair sticks out of each end. The birds are loving this silky nesting material. A pair of Pine Siskins (sp) have been pulling out fur and flying off with mouthfuls all morning.

Good of you to drive 40 miles to a no kill shelter. You get big hugs.
(1)

Cat, I just cracked up picturing the killdeers attacking the geese. What fun to watch. My step dad is always looking for projects to stay busy. So sis asked him to build a couple of bird houses to hang in the trees. He came back with a dozen bird houses. All shapes and sizes. Got them put up this spring. I think a pair of cardinals have moved into one. We put out birdseed everyday, and there is a goldfish pond in the front yard. So it attracts lots of birds.
I took the mother cat and her kittens to the next town (40 miles away), because the animal shelter there is a no kill shelter. They will hopefully get good homes. Good luck with your Alz walk. Such a good cause.
I have a stepsister in St Louis that is trying to clean out her Mom's house. 2 story house, with a full basement, and it is packed to the ceilings, with just small paths through the rooms. She found a company that handles estate sales. They told her no problem they had dealt with hoarders before. But, when they came to look at the house they turned around and ran out screaming. Her mother started getting paranoid, and hoarding things 20 years ago. Stopped letting anyone in the house. They had to drag her out of it last year, and put her in an assisted living. She passed away last month at 78 years old. Don't know if it was Alz or some other mental problem. She seemed pretty normal until her late 50's.
(1)

Mame: You too for educating me. My heart breaks for all the families that have to deal with this terrible disease and give so much of their lives to caring for their loved ones.

Let's all pray that we will find a way to better understand this disease and bring about a cure. Really, let's all pray for that.
(0)

Here's a wild life update from the Pacific Northwest. Spring has sprung, retreated and found it's way back. The Killdeers have decided to nest in the grass this year and mom has been sitting on the nest for the past few weeks. We were shocked to see her with 3 babies today. Last year it was July when we had babies hatched. Maybe they have more than one brood a year, I'll have to research that.

Anyway, we have two pairs of nesting geese back. They have their nests up the road from us at another pond, but they spends hours here each day, eating and hanging out at our pond. When their babies hatch, they bring them down here for hours and sometimes overnight.

So here's the thing. One nesting pair of geese were hear last evening and I saw them out the kitchen window. They were walking along all happy and peaceful, picking at grass and doing their normal thing. All of a sudden I see the Killdeers attacking the geese. I mean those little Killdeers were grabbing the butt feathers of the geese and the geese were like, WTF. Makes total sense today, with the new babies up and around. Don't want those big flat goose feet stepping on eggs or newly hatched babies.

Our place is a zoo of activity. Quail everywhere. The Rufous hummingbird is everywhere, in our faces and claiming our property as his domain. He stayed all winter this year and has a girlfriend and a nest. He is so territorial. Everywhere I go he follows and lets me know that he is keeping an eye on me. Cracks me up.

Swallows have arrived. We put a nesting box out for the tree swallows and no sooner than it went up, it was claimed. One of the swallows was coming into the area of the baby Killdeers, just picking up stuff for the nest. Daddy Killdeer put an end to that. This ground is taken.....I'll kick your Tree Swallow butt if you continue with your flybys.

I have more to tell, but I will save it for later. It's good to see new life and return of those who bring it. I stand by our 4 foot fence and have to pinch myself. I hope you enjoy hearing about this. I share it because it makes my heart happy and I hope it gives you a little bit of happiness.

Hey, I want you to know that I went to a meeting the other day for an Alz walk. I am now the chair person for sponsors so I have to get my ass in gear and raise a lot of money for the cause. I am so grateful that my dad/mom didn't have this terrible disease and I thank those on this thread and others on the AC site for sharing all they go through in caring for a parent with Alz. Bobbie, Deef, Diane, Lildeb and everyone I am missing, thank you for educating me. I will do my best to help the cause.

Sending white light to all of you.

Cat
(3)

Jen~No worries here either!! I am sorry FP took a tumble. I know that is a big concern for all of us with an elderly parent. Have a peaceful weekend. Hugs!!

Mame~Yes I agree I need time to digest it all before we dig into separating mom's belongs, an estate sale and selling her house. I am applying for the FMLA and hoping that it is approved for 4 weeks from now.That will give mom time to adjust and all of us. I am happy to update that sis and I saw mom to today, the first time for me since Sunday. She was so happy to see us!! A nurse from her LTC policy came out to evaluate her living situation and cognitive abilities and agreed that the level of care she is getting matches with her needs.I am feeling better after seeing mom today as I expected her to looked haggard from possible lack of sleep and dealing with the changes she is going through, but she looks good, relaxed and even though mom is not a positive thinking person, she was as content as can be expected. Sis and I spent about 3 hours with her, did her laundry (if they do it, its another $300 a month), we got bought her a hamper with wheels so all we have to do is load it up, wheel it down the hall and wash and dry. We had a good lunch...grilled cheese sandwichw/ham and tomatoes, chips, vegggies and fruit. Sis and I left around 12: 30 went shopping for a shower chair, new towels, bath rug and new jammies for mom. We brought all that back to mom's apartment. It was a long day, I got back home by 5pm. When I started this post at around 8:20pm I got a call from the community that mom was upset and wanted to talk with me. I spent about 45 minutes talking with her, she is fine now. I told her I had to work all weekend and I would see her on Tuesday but she can call me anytime.I have the patience to deal with this and I will talk with her and see her so she is comfortable. My emotions are still all over the place but I know mom is in a good place She won't be abandoned and will still be a very vital part of our lives. I told her tonight (I get weepy telling you this), I love you mom...she said I love you too. She has never said that to me...I know how hard this is for her but I see how she was today so I am positive she will thrive. She is around people from 8:30-6 everyday and I could not give that to her. When she is in her apartment, they check on her, walk the dog every 2 hours until she goes to bed. It still breaks my heart to pieces, but I know she getting the attention I could not give her and that gives me peace of mind. I hope everyone has a good weekend and finds some personal time! Hugs to you!!
(2)

Deef: Let us know how you are. I think Meanwhile's post says what most of us are thinking.

Meanwhile: Take care of your foot. Hope the kitties and momma cat find homes. Such a sad situation. Thanks for trying to help them.
(0)

Cuz: Thanks for the update. Hope he continues to improve and can resume his life.
(0)

Cuz, so glad to hear your brother is out of the hospital.
Had a check up on my foot today. The doctor added a soft splint under the boot, but it cut the circulation off to my toes. Had to do a little cutting on that splint. Found another kitten last night.(hiding out in the bushes) . Got up every 2 hours all night to feed the poor little thing kitten formula. I'm such a sucker. Took it to the animal shelter today, Mother cat took it right back. That makes 6 kittens. People at the shelter said they stuck her with needles yesterday, and she just purred at them. She goes right to the litter box too.. Why would anyone just dump her out in the country? I would keep her if didn't already have too many animals.
Deef, hope Dr's appointments went well. What is going to happen if you can't take care of your mom anymore? I think your Mom would want you to take care of yourself. I don't know how you do everything. Take care, hugs to everyone. Shirley
(2)

Good news. I brought my brother Mike home from rehab today. He will be staying with my mom for a couple of days until he gets a little stronger in the leg department. He is walking down the driveway and back and says he feels a little bit better so that is cool. Have to take him to his primary doctor to gets meds straightened around next monday. That will be about a 70+ mile round trip. Thats what brothers are for right? Thanks again for all the support.
lovCuz aka Harv
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter