Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Ready to slit my throat!!! Was still sick as hell yesterday morning and had to call to get someone to take Mom to daycare as I could not get out of bed! Forgot to make arrangements to get her back home and thought the ones who took her would have enough brains to figure out if i couldn't get out of bed at 9 AM, it was likely I would still be there at 3!!! Good thing the kids were home. My clueless husband woke me at 3, the time mom comes home, and asked if she was all set. I made a call to daycare, and she was still there!!! So I had to crawl out of bed, get dressed and have my sil drive me over to get Mom. When I got home I put her in for a nap and called my sister and told her to get here to watch her so I could stay in bed. At this point, any fluids I had in me were done coming out, so I had a massive headache. Sister came bu and said I would have to walk her through what to do as it had been a long time since she had taken care of mom. I felt like saying"no shit!!!" She got her up and fed her supper, then I got up and we both got her ready for bed.
Today I was really tired and still not feeling well as I slept very little last night. I held off getting Mom up, figuring help was coming at 10 and I could then go back to bed. Guess what?? Help never showed up and I couldn't find a replacement, so I had to hang in there with Mom all day. She didn't eat much and coughed a lot. I'm not sure if the cold is worse or if the cipro is not working on the UTI.
NOW!!!!! I have been listening to her moan for the last 4 hours!!! I have changed her position 4 times, rubbed her arm, rubbed her head, talked to her,and finally propped her into a half sitting position. Her breathing is fine, with loose congestion in her throat but not deep into her chest. She just doesn't know how to get rid of it. The vaporizer is going to help with that. I'm about ready to force a couple zanax into her mouth to see if that will calm her down. She was so good on X-mas day and even handled the whole f"ing family being here! Think that's what made me sick!
Just turned on the sound. Still moaning!!! Tome for zanax. Maybe I should take it!!!
(1)

Hope you have started on the mend deef god that sounds awful I hate that feeling, sounds like stomach flu? BLeearrrrcha! hydrate staw warm and LET someone else handle stuff for a day good grief don't you do enough for everybody!

Glad you are doing better bobbie!

Ricky Nelson Yoko Brought her Walrus....

But it's alright now....we'll see how long it lasts pahahahaaahahaaa

Stay sane and warm all.
(1)

Well, hubby fell asleep before me n that's a shock. So, I had to take my little butt out back n turn on the faucet to keep those back pipes from freezing. We wrapped them a last year but, I guess since the add-on room doesn't have a boarder around it like the rest of the house that, the pipes can freeze still. Anyway, the mil came down the hall n was just crying n I asked her what was the matter for she was in her bed sleeping. I guess she had a night-mare? She thought her son said, I was leaving her for some reason. I gave her a hug n talked with her n walked her back to her bed n wrapped her up with her blankets. I sat next to her on the bed n told her that she can always come to me when something is bothering her for she need not to get upset. I told her to have happy dreams n I would see her tomorrow morning n we all can have pancakes. Glad I was still awake to help comfort her tonight.
Bob, glad u r feeling a bit better.
Deef, that is a very nasty flu bug you have n I hope it runs out of your system n u get to feeling better asap. The Gatorade will help hydrate you n help keep your electrolytes level on target too. You r the only know when u will be able to handle solid foods n try to take it easy as possible. Wishing u to get well soon.
Getting late here n my tummy med is kicking in for my eyes r getting blurry. Everyone try to get some rest............
(1)

A loy of these are oldies but I haven't had any new ones for a while.
Been taking care of the wife cause she has been sick since the night before
Christmas. I think she is better now though cause I finnally got her to eat
some chickin & rice soup. She slept all day tuesday and tuesday night.
She was so tired I think she slept the illness away. Hugs to all of you and if I don't
get some new stuff I will dive into the archives and pull out some repeats if that will work.
luvCuz
ps bobbie I will try to give ya a call thursday if I get a chance love ya
(1)

CAKE OR BED

A HUSBAND IS AT HOME WATCHING A FOOTBALL GAME WHEN HIS WIFE INTERRUPTS,

HONEY, COULD YOU FIX THE LIGHT IN THE HALLWAY? IT'S BEEN FLICKERING FOR WEEKS NOW.

HE LOOKS AT HER AND SAYS ANGRILY, FIX THE LIGHTS NOW? DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE GE WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD? I DON'T THINK SO.
FINE. THEN THE WIFE ASKS, WELL THEN, COULD YOU FIX THE FRIDGE DOOR? IT WON'T CLOSE RIGHT.
TO WHICH HE REPLIED, FIX THE FRIDGE DOOR? DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE WESTINGHOUSE WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD? I DON'T THINK SO

FINE, SHE SAYS, THEN YOU COULD AT LEAST FIX THE STEPS TO THE FRONT DOOR?
THEY ARE ABOUT TO BREAK.
I'M NOT A DAMM CARPENTER AND I DON'T WANT TO FIX STEPS. HE SAYS, DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE ACE HARDWARE WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD? I DON'T THINK SO.
I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU. I'M GOING TO THE BAR!!!! SO HE GOES TO THE BAR AND DRINKS FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS...................................
FINALLY, HE STARTS TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT HOW HE TREATED HIS WIFE, AND DECIDES TO GO HOME. AS HE WALKS INTO THE HOUSE HE NOTICES THAT THE STEPS ARE ALREADY FIXED. AS HE ENTERS THE HOUSE, HE SEES THE HALL LIGHT IS WORKING. AS HE GOES TO GET A BEER, HE NOTICES THE FRIDGE DOOR IS FIXED.
HONEY, HE ASKS, HOW'D ALL THIS GET FIXED?

SHE SAID, WELL, WHEN YOU LEFT I SAT OUTSIDE AND CRIED. JUST THEN A NICE YOUNG MAN ASKED ME WHAT WAS WRONG, AND I TOLD HIM.
HE OFFERED TO DO ALL THE REPAIRS, AND ALL I HAD TO DO WAS EITHER GO TO BED WITH HIM OR BAKE A CAKE.

HE SAID, SO WHAT KIND OF CAKE DID YOU BAKE?

SHE REPLIED, HELLOOOOO.... DO YOU SEE BETTY CROCKER WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD? I DON'T THINK SO!
(1)

After a hardy rainstorm filled all the potholes in the streets and
alleys, a young mother watched her two little boys playing in the
puddle through her kitchen window.
The older of the two, a five year old lad, grabbed his sibling by
the back of his head and shoved his face into the water hole.
As the boy recovered and stood laughing and dripping, the mother
runs to the yard in a panic. "Why on earth did you do that to your
little brother?!", she says as she shook the older boy in anger.
"We were just playing 'church' mommy" he said. "I was baptizing
him in the name of the Father, the Son and in the hole-he-goes.
(1)

An older couple is lying in bed one morning, having just awakened from a good night's sleep. He takes her hand and she responds, "Don't touch me."
"Why not?" he asks.
She answers back, "Because I'm dead."
The husband says, "What are you talking about? We're both lying here in bed together and talking to one another."
She says, "No, I'm definitely dead."
He insists, "You're not dead. What in the world makes you think you're dead?"
"Because I woke up this morning and nothing hurts."
(2)

Two wolves

An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about
life. He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me...it is a
terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed,
arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false
pride,
superiority, and ego.

The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity,
humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity,
truth,
compassion and faith.

This same fight is going on inside of you, and inside every other
person, too."

They thought about it for a minute, and then one child asked his
grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied........"The one you feed."
(2)

This isn't a joke but I think it fits everyones situation
lovCuz

To The People In My Life.....

I am sending this to you to see how many actually
read their email. Your
response will be interesting. Pay attention to what
you read. After you
have finished reading it, you will know the reason it
was sent to you.
Here goes:

People come into your life for a reason, a season or
a lifetime. When you
know which one it is, you will know what to do for
that person. When
someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually
to meet a need you
have expressed. They have come to assist you through a
difficulty, to provide
you with guidance and support, to aid you physically,
emotionally or
spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they
are. They are there for
the reason you need them to be. Then, without any
wrongdoing on your part
or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or
do something to bring
the relationshi p to an end. Sometimes they die.
Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize
is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled,
their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it
is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because
your turn has come
to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience
of peace or make you
laugh. They may teach you something you have never
done. They usually give
you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is
real. But only for a
season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must build
upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept
the lesson, love the person and put what you have
learned to use in all
other relationships and areas of your life. It is
said that love is blind
but frien dship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you
were a reason, a season or a lifetime.
(3)

Did u know if u go give hugs you lose all your post.. Dang!
Deef, You answered your own question n I personally don't blame u for the way you feel. breath girl, breath.... n vent all u must. Hopefully, your mom's UTI will let up n that will help you to be able to relax a little. Or just vents some more n get it all out off your chest. It will help make u feel better.
Jsomebody, how does that song go? "You can't please everyone.. so.. You got to please yourself."
Cuz, like your joke n keep them coming for it seem a few here could use some more uplifting spirits.
I do hope everyone will be able to get some zzzzzzzzzzz's tonight.
Bob, so sorry things r not working out for you. Sending you a big hug.
Rip, you r soooooooooooo right about the care-giving. F..ing part n some.
ladee, I hope u r able to stay warm without the heater working. Bundle up!
(2)

Thanks so much everyone for your kind thoughts.

It turns out to be not so bad but just made me feel like sh!t for a spell and I still feel pretty awful about the whole thing. I came here to cry and you guys lifted me up, even with the burdens that you all are carrying. Thank you again.
It all is what it is.

Deef!
oh man, that's the worst thing.
And not knowing which end to aim at the hopper.

Hope you get over that stuff. ugh.

The good news today is that I learned that I can get the Cat off the dock and into the boat by using the canned air horn.
Just crack the door, poke it out, one short blast and she thinks it's a train and beelines for the pilothouse.

I'm thinking about Linda in the Midwest and hope you are ok with that massive storm that went through.

Thanks for the hugs Jen and Diane and meanwhile and it's so good to see you kuli.
Hope your journey is coming along.

thanks again you guys and everybody stay as sane as you can.

lovbob
(1)

Bobbie - I too have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach after reading your post. Love you and hope you feel better soon! Kuli
(3)

Oh man!!! Been sick since 10:30 last night!!! Started with poop soup and by 1 am I was puking up a storm! Still feel awful. Been drinking Gatorade and had some soup, but my head is pounding and my skin hurts!
Managed to call Merry from my "death bed" and she came to get Mom up and off to daycare. I assumed she would pick her up at 3. NOT!!! My stupid husband woke me up at 3 to ask if someone was getting Mom. So I called daycare and they said no one had shown up, so luckily my daughter and sil were at home and took me to get her. I was barely able to get her on the toilet and to bed for a nap so I could go back to bed. I called my sister at work and she came over and fed Mom supper and helped me get her to bed tonight.
I'm going to eat a sandwich and get myself back to bed soon!
Bobbie!!!! Wish I could be there for you! Take care of yourself. Lay low for a few days, sleep a lot, then get yourself back out in the human race.
(2)

Thanks everyone. survived it, hoping bobbie is doing OK. mine passed though the guilt of making my mother upset becasue I refused to take the gift certificate from abusive brother lingers on... sorry ma can't do it, you keep it.

CLICK, RECORD PLAYER GOD DON'T DO IT......

Thank god for youtube, find something loud and block it out....

Doing Thank you notes here.

On line one for Deef, Thank you very much D. Put the decorations On the tree. Peach Melba, never tried, sounds good. May or may not share the Salsa! Love the little shawl piece, feels nice to have it on. Hope things calmed down for you there....

Hi to all hope your Christmases went well. or at least you are getting a rest after them....
Jen
(1)

Bob, you be careful out their for the weather is pretty nasty here lately. I can just see ya trying to type around the cat for I have a couple of spoiled ones myself.
Rain again a little today n very strong wind. We may see a few flurries too. I have a old Styrofoam from steaks that we bought many moons ago. Then I put a small towel n their n a heating pad n a few more small towels for the yard cat. I would keep him in but the last time he tried to claw my carpet up by the front door. At least he has a place to stay warm if he wants it.
Shirley, U R no whiner for u just don't feel good n I am sorry you don't n hope u get to feeling better soon. When u mention about the two kids singing carols at your door n bringing those ugly thoughtful cookies, it was like seeing one of those t.v movies during the holiday. I have never seen that happen around here. Glad u didn't let them n to share those germs. Be careful with the Aleve n hope u get to feeling better soon.
Diane, Rib-roast sound very yummy. Shirley can u spare a swig or two of that Municex so Diane can get a little buzz. Shirley, maybe u should put some Rum in that fruit cake. mmm now that sounds yummy. Rum balls r good too. ; ) Sorry your mom is giving u such a hard time. I can hardly get the mil to take out her teeth to clean them much less overnight. Good luck with that one.
Cuz, we all could use a funny story or two when u get the time again.
Stormy, glad u feeling a wee better. Hang in their for it has to get better.
Kuli, you r so right that we, never know how long we will have our loved ones.I try to cherish the good times n try to overlook the bad ones as much as possible.

I actually got the mil to play Operation game n she beat my ass! Royally! It was fun while it lasted for she did start to get frustrated so I had to make sure she saw all the parts she got out compare to mine. That gave her a big smile. She likes her new t.v. n thick-soft coat that Santa brought her. Of course, the dogs n kitties had Santa come by too. Now, if the wind would ease up n the rain. bla..weather
(1)

Cat, glad someone had a good holiday. Sis and I feeling better. Which is a good thing. My oldest nanny goat is due to kid any minute. She always has triplets or quads, and at least one will be breach, or stuck.
Bobbie so sorry.
Diane, your taking care of your Mom, that is more than anyone else in your family is willing to step up and do. That makes you stronger and better than all of them.
Love Shirley
(3)

Hello Everyone:

I've been reading and feeling bad for everyone who has been struggling with illness and the frustration of care giving during the holidays.

Bobbie: Your "worst Christmas you ever experienced" gave me such a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the boat angel.

Deef: You've had so much going on with you and mom that I could hardly keep track. I think you work harder during the Christmas season than Santa and all his elves. I hope you are better and things slow down.

Diane: Just another perfect family holiday for you. I'm sorry they can't be better, but hopefully 2013 brings more sunshine and happiness into your life.

Meanwhile: Hope you and your sister are feeling better. Really sorry you have been so ill.

Jen: Hopefully you can come out of your room now. I can't imagine!!!!! Ba Hum Bug on Christmas with FP's and the family.

Stormy: Glad you are feeling better and that Connor had a great Christmas.

Rip: Sounds like you and the dogs got by under the shit radar.

Kuli: Hope your memories are happy and easier to bear.

Linda09: Same for you. Hope your Christmas was tolerable.

Mame: Hope your Christmas was better than others experienced.

Judy: Sending you a Christmas survivor hug.

Cuz: Thanks for the jokes. Hope you had some holiday cheer.

Austin: Keeping good thoughts for you.

Lildeb: Hope things went as well as possible for you and the family.

I kept my head down for most of the month. No expectations and no disappointments. Just got through it and allowed certain sad feelings to have their place. Had dinner with our son and Karen last night and was happy for their good company.

Onward to the New Year. Hope springs eternal.

Sorry for leaving anyone out. Sending love and white light to everyone.

Cat
(1)

Hey Bobbie, maybe this will make you laugh, you got BOAT time. Love ya
(1)

Good Morning Crew,

Hope all had a tolerable day, but from what I have been reading it looks as if many were pushed to the very end of their ropes.

I am included in that number.
Yesterday was, without a doubt, the worst Christmas I have ever experienced.

This is all I can say for the moment because I am so sick from crying all day and all night that I can't keep anything down and am the saddest I have ever been.

I have been used and thrown away like a dirty tissue.

OK, enough about me.

Love you guys more than you'll ever know and hope that as we get away from these holidays things will seem brighter and happier.

lovbob
(2)

It's me again venting! I've been trying to make sense of the emotional distress I go through at the holidays. It boils down to grieving for the past. The past when I thought I had the unconditional love of my family. The past when my mother was my best friend I could talk to about anything. The past when I could give gifts without worrying about food on the table or whether the water is going to be turned off. The past when I could get in my car and do whatever I wanted. The past when I could be off from work on a holiday and not worry I won't get paid. It's not just grief of the past, but fear of the future. How am I going to survive physically, mentally & financially. I look at the person my mother is today and I feel sorrow, anger, frustration and irritation. Then guilt for feeling this way. Why can't I be more patient and loving towards her? In the end I feel rejected, unloved and unworthy of love. Thanks for letting me ramble on and giving me a place to share my thoughts.
(4)

West Coastal Christmas thoughts from Rip&Pets.
Serious (Happy???) time of year ?
hoHoHO?
- nothing compares with full time eldercare.
Nothing.
I miss my parents. Wasn't easy.

No matter how much you love your parent - it's a F*kng tough road & you find you don't matter whatever you do!

You have friends here who understand.
Bravo Grossed! for it's a place of true friends.

Deefer!!! You OK?
(2)

Thank goodness Christmas is nearly over! Mom has been ornery and obstinate all day. I had a good cry then that was replaced with a mega headache. Still have it too. Mom still hasn't finished opening her presents. James was an angel and cooked dinner since mom was taking up all my time. Christmas these days is just an immense feeling of sadness and heartbreak that I pray to get through. Jen, I hope you get through the day without too much distress and Shirley, once part of the crew, you always will be. I hope you start feeling better. Stormy, I know you must be enjoying the day with Connor. Bobbie I hope you and the Boart Angel had a nice day as well. Sending everyone love and hugs to get through the season.
(1)

Jen I'm here with you. My Mother made me soup, because I'm sick. Nice thought, but my Mom has got to be in the top 10 WORSTS COOKS ever. The dogs don't even want to eat it. Will sneak it out to the compost pile later.
(3)

Merry Christmas everyone. Bobbie I can't thank you, and everyone else on here, enough for starting this thread. You threw me a line when I was drowning in isolation and despair. Pulled me on board the boat. My care giving stent was brief, but brutal. Everyone helped me survive. I'm still afraid to let go, but no one seems to mind. Bless all of you. Shirley
(2)

Beh they are all here now. I am hiding in here, I can't do it. I just can't go in their I hate these people.
(2)

He said, after taking FOREVER TO OPEN the gifts he complained about having at all..."save the bows........for next year........" Kill Me Now......
(4)

Merry X-mas everyone!!! Just started snowing here.
Had a rough few days and all the sibs are showing up here at Mom's in the afternoon! Promises to be a disaster in the making! I'll let you know how it all works out!
Meanwhile, so sorry you are sick. Mom's cold is better and the UTI is slowly fading, but she is still off a bit.
Okay, bed then up early to clean and cook!
(2)

DONATIONS

A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington, DC.
Nothing was moving.
Suddenly, a man knocks on the window.

The driver rolls down the window and asks, "What's going on?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped the entire US Congress, and they're asking for a $100 million dollar ransom.
Otherwise, they are going to douse them all in gasoline and set them on fire.
We are going from car to car, collecting donations."

"How much is everyone giving, on an average?" the driver asks.

The man replies, "Roughly a gallon."
(8)

Merry Christmas to my beautiful cousin bobbie321 and to all of the rest of the crew on grossed out. May you all have a wonderful Christmas (even those who are not up to snuff). Hugs and loves to all of you.
luvCuz
(2)

Just wanted to thank all of you for your gifts of friendship - even when it wasn't Christmas! I hope everyone gets the Christmas they hope for. We never know how long we will have our loved ones, so remember to cherish each moment because these are the memories you will hold close to your heart. Love and Merry Christmas to all, Kuli
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter