Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Ksob glad you soon will have your Dad in his new apartment-it will be much easier for you and he will have his own space-that is so great-look forward to hearing how it is going for all of you. W e have 911 here to pick up people after falling and in our county -the police and fireman just do it with a fuss and are so nice about it-in other counties you are only allowed help 3 times so the families have to ask neighbors and family to assist when someone falls which makes it hard for frail spouses.
(2)

Cricket! I love that heart! Love you, Kimmy
(1)

Hi everybody! I haven't been posting, but I have been reading. The floor is down in the apartment and we are going to move Dad in during the next couple of days! He fell again last night! Step down to family room which I have been telling him not to even attempt to navigate! I had to call Ron to come home from work! Hannah and I tried to get him up, but we couldn' I was afraid we would hurt him or fall over with him! He is OK! Now we will have to get him into apartment and make a routine for him!

I did have and ugly wrestling match with toilet in the apartment on Monday! LOL I will tell more about that later! Funny story We were going to put the floor down ourselves, but floor was uneven and had to be prepped so we had to have professionals install it!

Linda, happy to hear Pa is doing better! Yes! Every time I see a heart it reminds me of you! Weather is crappy here! Hope you have been able to get some rest! You been through it recently and heart is with you! Love you!

Christina, I am always here even though I don't write sometimes. I won't leave this group, cause I love you all too much! Many times it is you all that get me through a day, a week, a minute at a time! I am just tired! I think things will get better here shortly. We are just all at the end of our ropes with Dad being in the living room for close to seven months! I really think the contractors could have gotten this apartment done in couple of months, but just kept dragging and dragging it out! Can't look back though! Try to live in the present! Hard sometimes! Hope your construction is over by now! Love you! XXOO

To everybody here! I love every single one of you! Hopefully soon I will be able to post more! Hugs to all you sweet wonderful souls! XXOO! Kimmy
(2)

What time did you say dinner ws being served-I am so glad your brother is helping out that hardly ever happens-one mother can raise 6 kids but 6 kids can not take care of one mother.
(3)

Hi Y'all,

I'm guilty of being MIA of late. Just didn't feel like I had anything to contribute worthwile. Mom is doing pretty good since she got out the hospital. We have had two out of the blue emotional and angry outburst fron her, but nothing too much out of the unusual. Last night she had me up most of the night. I told my boss I had to shut my eyes for a little and then I'd get into work. Well I must have died since I slept through the alarm and three phone calls. Work is getting to the super busy time so I need to be working more hours. My brother has been more helpful by calling me some days and asking if I would like him to stay with mom for a few hours so I can work until 5pm. I have to admit I feel like a whimp that I cant seem to work a 40 hour work week and care for mom and not kill myself. I think of people like Kuli and wonder how she ever did it all. I was hoping to work a full day tomorrow, but the docs office called to say they scheduled a carotid artery study for tomorrow at 3pm. Maybe I can convince my brother to take her.
Just put the black beans in the crockpot for dinner tonight. I'm trying to do one vegetarian meal a week. I have to take mom to the coumadin clinic this afternoon so the crockpot was the easiest way to cook. Since the temps have been pretty mild, James has been firing up the BBQ in the evenings. My brother brought me something yummy from Costco. It is wild caught salmon burgers. They are very good!

Ok y;all, I'm getting distracted by Guy Fierri on TV making a yummy Mediteranean Salad. Need to add some variety to our menus.

I may not post often but I read allt he posts. You're all in my thoughts and prayers daily. Angels to help you all with your burdens.

Love ya,
Diane
(3)

Beautiful, Crickety-poo! Linda, I have a box filled with heart-shaped rocks that I have found over the years!! It is truly a gift from the angels when you find one.
Got to get ready for school now. I will check in later today to see if any missing caregivers who WE LOVE have come aboard. For instance: Diane, Meanwhile2, KIMBO, Golf/Suzie, Enough, MIZ, Deefer, JEN?! RIP!, Renee, Kuli, Barb. Just say HI sometime, OK? Don't forget your friends:( sniff, sniff. Linda, I got your sniffles now. Love and Hug to all you old Faithfuls, too. Have a good one. Christina xo
(3)

it was a red heart...so you'll have to imagine it so. love cricket
(2)

────(♥)(♥)(♥)────(♥)(♥)(♥)
──(♥)██████(♥)(♥)██████(♥)
─(♥)████████(♥)████████(♥)
─(♥)██████████████████(♥)
──(♥)████████████████(♥)
────(♥)████████████(♥)
──────(♥)████████(♥)
────────(♥)████(♥)
─────────(♥)██(♥)
───────────(♥)

For you Lindaheart! We all do love you and your big ole heart!!
(5)

Linda, it is because you have a pure heart. You wear your heart on your sleeve. You love and it is obvious. You are the beating heart of life itself in the middle of the country. We are all effected by you in a heartfelt way. When I got to know you, adding 'heart' to your name completed it. I love the red heart of Rossella, too. I just woke up and this is a heavy way to start the day. I shall be listening to my heartbeat, humming songs that keep the beat of my heart. Love you girls. xo
(4)

where is all my long lost friends ? sniff .
nurse stop by and said dad sounds better and looks so much better . horray i am happy to hear that , his bp is good good ! that makes me feel better . i love it when the nurse comes in and looks at me with a smile , i feel better ....
got my bdrm almost cleaned up and need to sort out the clothes i no longer wears or think i will wear one day but never do . need to make room for the clothes i always wear lol .
pop in my angel crews and let us know how is all .
love you and have a good day at least try to . xoxoxox
(4)

thanks austin . that made me smile . ure our maxine austin . big hugs to you dear xoxox
(2)

Linda when I think of you I think of hearts and have from frist time I read your posts-you are the heart of our crew.
(4)

sleepless in indiana .
thought of kimmy and wonder how s her dad ? how about the apt going ? hope its almost done so ur daughter can move in it instead . i have a feeling dad wont be using it cuz he refuses to get out of bed . big hugs to u kimbo . :-)
good morning christina , yes i agree this site has became a skeleton . alot of our love ones just comes and goes and dont hear from them like forever .
i know i have done the same too but i always have each one of you in the back of my head and also in the front of my head too . i love you all ...
speaking of chargin the bateries . mine is dead ...
i cant do anything , barey dragin to do laundry , i let dishes piled up so sky high and sis said i ll do dishes for u , all i do is walk walk walk pace around pick up one thing and go sit down , get back up and ck on pa .
pa is somewhat doing good . he has his moments . dementia yep theyre happy fa lala then bam sleep sleep and bam ahh waa waaa , then hiiii all smiles . twilight zone here .
some of you may remeber reba , her husband is dying , hospices told her to gather up her familes , i owe her email . crap i didnt even email her back ! i shall do that after this .
christina i hope choc milkshake perk ur mom up some . i think i may go get dad one today . maybe that ll perk him up big time . i shall get one for myself too ,
if i can get my hindend out to go get em .
now my mind is blank .
rossella ! i love your red heart !! saw on jams thread u said it s for me . awww i love u rossella ! love that heart !
there is something about the heart i tell you !
few yrs ago dec 20 th i was in fla , sat on a red cooler , when someone got n the cooler one big ice fell out . as i was sitting on the cooler i looked down , i saw the ice had melted into a shape of a heart~~ . i said oh bro looky here ! sis in law jump up and got the camera , bro said oh linda ! today is moms birthday !!!! sis took a picture of that melted heart , wow ...
then a day later hubby and i went to the beach . i looked down as i was walking . i kept seeing heart shapes . someone had a flip flop shoes and the bottom was marked heart shapes . i tell you ! everywhere i look on the sand there was tons of heart shape .. then went to gift shop , ah heart shapes of things . everywhere i went i see hearts . i ask my bro did u see anyhearts , he said no baby sis those hearts are for you . moms giving u hearts everywhere u go .
then christina came along and calls me lindahearts . now rossella has a bright red heart shape icon for me . wow !!!! hearts sure has become my favorites ,

love you all !!! i best go email my great friend we first met here since 08 . shes a wonderful lady ... always in my mind like the rest of you all .
xoxoxo .. ps i sure miss ted s cat , meow :-)
(3)

Thank YOU, Cuz. It reminds me of Emily's farewell speech in the play "Our Town." Same lump in the throat angst. You decide:)
The pee story was funny. I had heard of it before but did not know it was Jay Leno. He is such a sweetheart. We were stuck in a plane on the Tarmac several years ago with him in Atlanta. Nicest human ever. Or let's just say he's the exact opposite of Alec Baldwin.
Hope you all are getting a break from bad weather. We had a great day here, but one cannot complain about CA climate. Took Mother a chocolate milkshake and went for a long walk. She has been a bit grumpy this last week, shades of her personality. Sigh. We do our best.
I will take it that "No News Is Good News" from this skeleton crew! Thinking of you all as you recharge your batteries, Or whatever you all are doing. Hope it's good and healthy and happy! Love, Christina xo
(1)

Cristina The e-mail about The Room was neat. If you want I could post it on here but it would be a long one. Thanks again.
luvCuz
(0)

I couldn't remember how to get to the recipe site so I just posted it here.
I thought you might like this one.
luvCuz

3, 2, 1 Cake

This is perfect for those of us with just one or two in the house these
days, & hate to make a huge cake. This way you can make 1,2,3,or as many as
you need.

3, 2, 1 CAKE
These individual little cakes are amazing
and ready to eat in one minute! They are perfect
for whenever you feel like a treat without all the fat
and calories that cake can have. Genius idea!
INGREDIENTS:
1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavor

DIRECTIONS:
In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together
and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take
out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it
with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe
container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have
your own instant individual little cake!
KEEP remaining cake mixture stored in the ziploc bag
and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top
each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping
and/or some fresh fruit.

Helpful Tips:
This recipe is called 3, 2, 1 Cake because all you need
to remember is
"3 tablespoons mix,
2 tablespoons water,
1 minute in the microwave!"

TRY various flavors of cake mix like carrot, red velvet, pineapple,
lemon, orange, etc. Just remember that one of the mixes has
to be the angel food mix; the other is your choice.
The flavor possibilities are endless!

NOTES:
The best thing is, you open both cake mixes into a gallon
storage bag, one that 'zip locks' or 'self-seals', or a
container that seals tightly, shake the two cake mixes to
blend and then make the recipe. Storage of mix is simple,
put it on a shelf. No need to refrigerate, since the mix is dry.
Always remember, that one of the cake mixes MUST be
Angel Food. The other can be any flavor.
The Angel Food is the cake mix that has the eggs whites
in it. So, if, anyone is allergic to egg whites, you can NOT
serve this recipe.

NOTE: Write the recipe on the bag or write it on a small index card and
drop it into the bag for later reference.
Also a good idea if you have kids that want a snack, but you don't want to
bake a whole cake
(3)

Sir Winston Churchill on Italian Cruise Lines

The current plight of the Costa Concordia reminds one of a comment purportedly made by Sir Winston Churchill.

After his retirement Winston was cruising the Mediterranean on an Italian cruise liner and some Italian journalists asked why an ex British Prime Minister should choose an Italian ship.

“There are three things I like about being on an Italian cruise ship” said Churchill.

“First their cuisine is unsurpassed.

Second their
service is superb.

And then, in time of emergency, there is none of this nonsense about women and children first."
(4)

My nephew was on the mountain, it was very cold, and he wanted to see if he kissed the car window, if his lips would stick to the window. It happened. He was lucky they had some warm tea or coffee with them....
(1)

That is one funny story-good thinking on his part.
(1)

I just read the funniest thing so I just had to share it with you all.
If you didn't see this on the Tonight show, I hope you're sitting down when you read it. This is probably the funniest date story ever, first date or not!!! We have all had bad dates but this takes the cake.

Jay Leno went into the audience to find the most embarrassing first date that a woman ever had. The winner described her worst first date experience.
There was absolutely no question as to why her tale took the prize!
She said it was midwinter...Snowing and quite cold... and the guy had taken her skiing in the mountains outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
It was a day trip (no overnight). They were strangers, after all, and had never met before. The outing was fun but relatively uneventful until they were headed home late that afternoon.
They were driving back down the mountain, when she gradually began to realize that she should not have had that extra latte. ! ! They were about an hour away from anywhere with a rest room and in the middle of nowhere! Her companion suggested she try to hold it, which she did for a while. Unfortunately, because of the heavy snow and slow going, there came a point here she told him that he had better stop and let her go beside the road, or it would be the front seat of his car.
They stopped and she quickly crawled out beside the car, yanked her pants down and started. In the deep snow she didn't have good footing, so she let her butt rest against the rear fender to steady herself. Her companion stood on the side of the car watching for traffic and indeed was a real gentleman and refrained from peeking. All she could think about was the relief she felt despite the rather embarrassing nature of the situation.
Upon finishing however, she soon became e aware of another sensation. As she bent to pull up her pants, the young lady discovered her buttocks were firmly glued against the car's fender. Thoughts of tongues frozen to poles immediately came to mind as she attempted to disengage her flesh from the icy metal. It was quickly apparent that she had a brand new problem, due to the extreme cold.
Horrified by her plight and yet aware of the humor of the moment, she answered her date's concerns about' what is taking so long' with a reply that indeed, she was 'freezing her butt off' and in need of some assistance! He came around the car as she tried to cover herself with her sweater and then, as she looked imploringly into his eyes, he burst out laughing. She too, got the giggles and when they finally managed to compose themselves, they assessed her dilemma. Obviously, as hysterical as the situation was, they also were faced with a real problem.
Both agreed it would take something hot to free her chilly cheeks from the grip of the icy metal! Thinking about what had gotten her into the predicament in the first place, both quickly realized that there was only one way to get her free. So, as she looked the other way, her first time date proceeded to unzip his pants and pee her butt off the fender.
As the audience screamed in laughter, she took the Tonight Show prize hands down. Or perhaps that should be 'pants down’. And you thought your first date was embarrassing. Jay Leno's comment... 'This gives a whole new meaning to being pissed off.
Oh and how did the first date turn out? He became her husband and was sitting next to her on the Leno show.
(6)

I thought crickets hopped. Sort of erratically. All over the place. Hmmm?
I will double you, Austin, 80 in S.CA. Not yet, later today. I've been out in the yard cleaning up winter mess, pruning my roses. Next week midterm already so I'm studying, too. Love my classes. Meeting a girl I used to work with for lunch, then over to see Mother, good day for a walk. Hallelujah!
LindaHeart and Pa on my mind constantly, big hugs and vigilant prayer, my dear friend. Everyone, love you much. Christina xo
(1)

It is beautiful here in NY in the lower Hudson Valley 40 degrees and sunny.
(1)

Good Morning Mateys,

I hope everyone is keeping warm and hanging in there. It's a beautiful day here in S. FL and all is quiet on the home front. I'm getting ready to do some studying but first wanted to stop by here. Have a good day all and don't forget to pat yourself on the back or give yourselves a hug for your hard self sacrificing work!
Chris, this signature of mine is me flying through the stars at night.. weeeeeeeee!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Chirp Chirp Cricketღ
(2)

Hi everyone Cmagnum has started a good thread on dysfunctional families in relation to caregiveing.
(1)

I agree Rossella. I am ready to go at any time, and know whenever I go, I will miss something, but that is life, or death. I often wonder what my Mother is hanging on for. That is up to her God, her agreement, her soul, whatever. I hope she is getting something out of her existence. I try to make it nice every day for her in some way. Of course, there is a different perspective. What one does not know, or is aware of (anymore) narrows the expectations. I try to keep that in mind and not sweat the details. Keep it simple, loving, healthy. A fresh pear, a walk outside, Irish music, a piece of chocolate. It gets simpler, as it once was.
I dream of flying through the night sky...
(3)

Meanwhile, children know it better.... According to me, the smiling ghost coming out of the boy's body means that death is beautiful, for the person who dies. It is just bad for us who stay.
(4)

Life is certainly a mystery. Some would say one is predestined, as God knows us even before we are born. Others might see the premonition and the pre-artwork being found by the Mother as a gift, or as proof of life after earth. The little yellow being might be the child's soul, which even he knew would endure after the physical body was gone. It's a nice story. Seeing angels in my room used to terrify me as a small child, so I blocked it out. Sometimes it feels like someone is sitting on my bed, but it's not the cat. I'm afraid to ask, "is someone there"? heehee
What if it was Cricket?! chirp chirp !!Or if I heard the clicking of needles, I would know it was Austin. You NEVVVVERRRRR KNOW! Love you all! Christina xo
(4)

I think that sometimes things like that are coincidence and other times I think Angels intervene, and then there are people (children included) who are more tuned into awareness on a spiritual level than the majority.
(2)

Wow that is something to think about. Alady came to talk to us at work about eye donations and she said a young girl told her parents that she wanted to donate her eyes if she were to die -two weeks later she died and her eyes went to a blind person -I cried when I heard that had happened-it touched me so much.
(4)

Been reading posts, just didn't have anything to add. Been remembering all the people in my life loved and lost. Can't think of a thing to say, but I am here, and I do care.
I don't know if I should tell this story, but it is true. A friend of mine lost her 5 year old son to a tragic accident. He was a special child, never met a stranger, always happy full of life. At 5 he wanted to be an artist. So his mother got him a sketch book to practice in. He could draw better than a lot of adults. Several weeks after his death, his mother was going through the sketch book, and found a drawing he had made. It was a picture of a little boy in a halloween costume bleeding from his head, and she remembered him asking her how to draw a pool of blood about a week before the accident. The costume was the same he was wearing when he was killed. (he was at a halloween party at the YMCA, and a balance beam fell on him, crushing his skull). But, he had drawn a little yellow ghost coming out of the boy, and it was smiling. I don't know what any of it means. But, perhaps a young child knows more about what is going to happen.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter