Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Grandma fell again. We had to call the ambulance this time. She felt tingling up and down her right side. We got her home and she was fine. She was really tired for about a day and then she was raring to go. It's always hard when Grandma falls. I count myself lucky because she hasn't broken anything yet. The doctor says she most likely won't because she has the bone density of a twenty-three year old. At 96! can you believe it? She seems to bounce. There must be angels watching over her. Although, about five years ago she had a bad fall in the shower while visiting her daughter. She hit her head so hard that it mimicked stroke symptoms. At first they thought she had had a stroke, but then they found that what caused the symptoms was the fall itself. All that happened was that she had slipped in the shower. She is up and about now, but for a while it was very touch and go. We did not know if she was going to pull through. Anyway, because of her earlier fall she tends to drag her left foot when she walks and that makes her trip. I'm glad that she's a little woman and as light as a feather because all I have to do is pick her right up; but we always worry when she falls because we are afraid of a repeat.
(4)

Barb-Pulling for you guys! Much love! Kim
(3)

Checking in . . . husband's phone interview happened and the result was that husband (once again) is deemed overqualified for the Cleveland job. The pinprick of light is that he may be well-suited for a job with the same company in Memphis. Given the choice, Memphis is a far better fit for us - we have spent time there. Memphis is misquitoey and humid and muddy and crime-ridden and - i would be happy to live there. So whiloe others decide our fate, we are back to waiting and hoping and with the holiday season bearing down upon us it may be more than 2 weeks before we hear anything further . . .sigh.

I appreciate being able to come here still. I have nothing to offer these days save my love and respect for all of you and the tireless, often thankless jobs you have before you every day.
Love you guys.
(5)

Oh Jen! Glad I could be of service. Laughter is the Best Medicine, and a good healthy cough-up is just what the doctor ordered. heehee
That is one reason I take my Mother outside for a walk in her wheelchair, to get her blood flowing, I hit the bumps on the sidewalk just enough to get her to exclaim! I'm not going to dump her out of the chair, just get her to look alive. Anyway, it's good for one to have a little shock once in a while, doncha think? Love you, Jen!! xo
(4)

That was hysterical! Had me in tears! The good kind! Needed that spontaneous laughter! Love you guys! Thanks Jen and Christina for bringing on that laughter! Nothing better for the soul!
(4)

Christina you almost killed me...I am laughing so hard my sick head exploded and I almost fell off the chair ...Not IN A THONG wearing thongs, the old term for flip flops @!!! In a thong !??? AT THIS 7 11!!! I'd be arrested for soliciting!!!

man, got a lot of phlegm out though! even after swigging the cough syrup!!!

too mcucuh I can't take it!@!!!
(4)

Rosella, Our favorite scientist, Albert Einstein said : "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." What do you expect? I believe that our trouble with siblings is due to their weaknesses coming up against our strengths. We all are Super Women. As it is, our compassion for even our adversaries causes us to absorb the weakness instead of ignoring their pathetic attempts to make us look bad and themselves crusaders. Has anyone ever asked the siblings, "What would you have me do instead of what I am doing?" What do they say? Mine say nothing.
Kicking the dog after it has rescued the cat is how it seems.
I will delay the taking of a sleep aid to stay up and read the story. I have no more stories: my brother is sympathetic but is incapable of helping except through verbal encouragement--which is the same as we give each other here; and my sister is a phantom--she exists only through an email, but not even the slightest bit as real as any of you.
Mother was a bit better yesterday, sitting straight for a while and animated. Seeing her every day is helping. Her cough is productive.
I am amazed at the spark within her that is a force separate from her physicality or dementia. I would call it her soul's fight to hang onto the body, a life force that is avoiding making a decision until it has all the information... It is cold again and raining, so I cannot take her outside, just See's candy and share a sliced and peeled Jazz apple this afternoon.
Hope Ann's Mom is comfortable, Diane's Mom calm, Carolyn's Mom bee-having, Kim's and Cricket's Dads cooperating. I know Linda's Pa is. Sending love to all of you: Captain, Miz, Jen, Rip, Cuz, Austin, Kuli, Careshare, BJ, Selfish Siblings, Anniegirl, Pirate, Deefer, Headbanger... newbies meanwhile2 and angelhair... Barb, Rosella, LindaHeart, a very chirpy Cricket. Hugs, Christina xo
(6)

Meanwhile I am glad you joined a quilting group-you will enjoy it-our library has two quilting groups I do not quilt but enjoy going to the quilting barn at the Kutztown fair in PA. Our church made quilts for an orphanage in Africa-my job was to cut the pieces of fabric-enjoyed the group of Church women-quilting is getting popular again-I really enjoy my craft group the women are so helpful-some do quilt-I am sticking to crocheting which I enjoy.
(2)

Hi everybody it took a long time to read all your posts of the last week. Ann I am sorry for your mother. When my mother fell and broke her leg, she was walking, just walking, close to me, she bent her knee and she fell and that was all! It is impossible to avoid it - good luck or bad luck. No sense of guilt, please!
I was reading Deef's post and when she said: "Mom's dementia is progressing and she is all but gone most days. . It's getting harder and harder to get her ready and into the car. Just getting her washed and dressed in the morning is exhausting" I thought." It's the same for me", and then Deef said: I think Rossella is going through the same things. Yes Deef, the situation is exactly the same here. I coulnd't put my mother in bed tonight, because she was so dead weight that she fell while I was trying to change her diaper (in the living room, not in the bathroom - I had seen it was impossible to drag her to the bathroom). And so I took a mattress, I put it on the floor and I literally rolled her on the mattress so that she wouldn't sleep on the naked floor. And then I managed to change her diaper, not very well, because I am not prepared for this kind of things yet. As far as I can see, the situation is the following: 1) we are approaching to the end of the journey 2) we have ended the period of "getting up - go out" and there will always be the bed, 24/7, from now on. Otherwise we will always have to be 2 people to move her, because for 1 person alone it is impossible. And I wonder what I will do in the night, when I am alone. I can't afford a help for the nights, too!
So you see Angelhair, you have a huge FIL - my mother is not huge at all, she weighs 110 lbs but I can't manage her anymore. It all depends on how much they become similar to potato bags, that is, they don't make any effort to stand up.
Cuz I have seen the Vietnam wall in Washington and I started to read names, but all over sudden I realized how many were there and I started to cry.
Carolyn, I am happy your mother wasn't hurt; maybe this is the "major" accident that will convince her she needs help. I really hope so, for you and for her.
Barb: Cleveland, why not? I have understood that life is never how we figure it out, and even at our age, we can't relax, sit on a couch and say: "Okay, I am going to stay put here for the rest of my life!" This happens in Italy only to people who work for the Departments (Health, Interiors, and so on). If they have a job there, they are sure they will have it for the rest of their life. We, normal people, we have to accept any changement! As I often say, life is a grindstone... we have to try not to be grinded by it!
Christina, I hope you are going to rest and not to cook too many things for Christmas.
Diane, yes go to the doctor and ask for another drug, if this one makes you sick.
What else? I have another story to tell about my family; I am going to keep it for tomorrow night. I can only say that "the little coward of the story" is (as always) The Brother and "the hero of the story" is (as always) The Cousin Franca, whom I think you are starting to know.
(3)

LindaHeart,
Maybe you can get Bobbie to post her coffee recipe on Favorite Recipes. It would go well with the cookies and Penuche and fudge.
Tomorrow I am baking for real and will post a couple more recipes. My ww orange raisin nut bread. Very healthy, tasty, from my earth mama days. I was never an earth mama. Just kidding:) Very nice toasted with cream cheese and tea!
Also will post Kristina Kringle, an unbelievably rich pastry, but easy schmeezy.
Will be stuck at home until after 1 tomorrow, they're crack-sealing our streets, so I will be a happy prisoner in my kitchen.
Jen, wow, you are brave to go into 7/11 in a thong. Isn't it freezing? Maybe you will like my bread recipe. The recipe is for one regular bread pan, or you can divide it into 4 little loaf pans. Nice gifts for neighbors, gardener, etc. Of course, the gardeners and other guys hope you will give them a simple envelope... not this year, folks.
Everybody is so busy. Looking forward to sleeping again tonight. Hope y'all are sleeping well on these cold nights. Going to soak feet in warm water, too.
Night Night, Sleep tight, and don't let the bedbugs bite:) xoxo Christina
(3)

annt sorry to hear your mom is in the hospital with her hip. maybe a blessing in disguise if you get some time off? Don't let em just send her home, the hip will make everything so much more complicated. Hope she isn't in pain.
Just walked to and back from 7 11, roads bare mostly, did it in thongs anyway. have cinnamon rolls in for chili noticed no sour cream...forget that. bit of fresh brisk air and a walk anyhow...bought a lottery ticket too, why not...

Hope the week is sane and safe for everyone here.

I got a e mailer from AC too but I didn't even open it. I am full up really...
(1)

annt- am so sorry to hear about ur mom fallin and breakin her hip . hopefuly she will heal as she do the rehab and hopeful she wont be afraid to walk again . my stepmom was terrified to walk again after she fell . so it was wheelchair after that , she wouldnt even put her feet onthe floor , too scary for her ,
lately pa and i and the wheelchair falls in the recliner with him . thought i could do it welp nana not anymore ,. ned help to get him in and out of the recliner , sucks !
he s always happy camper anyways , we d laugh and giggle when we tumble in to the recliner , hee heeheee ,
christina - glad ur mom likes that smell . pa loves em ! everynight id spread some under his nose , hed take a deep breath ahhhhhhhhhhhhh , we allgrew up with vicks , works like a charms , i bought a genaric kind , phhhht best bet is the real name brand vicks it is the best .
well cmas is next sunday and i havent done any shoppin , tree is not up yet , just am not in the spirit in it ,
agingcare ! thank you for the cup and tea bags , i love it !!! it put a smile on my face , fed ex brought em right to me . awww . thanks again ....
you all i miss meowing at ya , just havent been up to it ., i dont know whats wrong with me .,
maybe i need bobbie s coffee ? :-)~~~~
xoxoxox
(3)

Meanwhile, have you seen the movie, "How to make an American Quilt"? Along with a generational story, you see bits of several women quilting. Inspiring:)
I am full. Good breakfast. Morgan's scrambled eggs rivaled mine. Good sign.
Now off to see Mother. Hope her congestion is better and she has perked up. LindaHeart, I took little jar of Vick's and rubbed on her chest and behind her ears. She oohed and got the whiff:) more later, Dear ones. xo
(3)

Good Afternoon all,

Ann, definitely enlist help from Social Services right away to see if you can get someone there to help you assess your Mothers needs and reconsider if you are able to give her what she needs or find out what options you have to see that her needs are met outside of your home if that would be in her best interest. Getting an assessment from someone who is not attached emotionally will help you look at the situation objectively. Best wishes.

Chris, I love to grow roses also but haven't grown them here in FL because of the bugs, maybe I will get a bush this next year and have a go at it. I love growing flowers.

BBL,
Cricket
(2)

Thanks for the Marine corp poem. My husband was a Marine. Vietnam 67 to 69. Except he spent the time tromping around where they weren't supposed to be, Cambodia, and Laos.
Ann sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she is up and around again soon.
Joined a quilting club here in Alpine. They make quilts for nursing home patients, the womens shelter, and anyone else they can find. Gave me one while my husband was sick. So, I'm going to try and learn how to quilt. They sent me home yesterday with a (hopefully) easy one. Wish me luck.
(3)

Ann I am sorry about your Mom but maybe you can get some needed rest and maybe social service will find a way to get you some help when she goes home-here medicare does provide some home care but now we have VNS and I am not sure how effective they are-it was up to the nurses running it and I had to fight for any hours I got-the fact I also had health problems and he had mental issues did not seem to matter-but make noise until you get help and if she does not bounce back-do what you need to do for yourself.
(1)

Morning All on a Beautiful Sunday,
First, Cricket, your last post could be on your Affirmations thread, as well. Love you, Sister. xo
BJ/Stillstanding: lovely sentiment, and your Mom is one of those stars, no doubt, with other stars and Angels shining down upon you this Season. Big Hug. xo
Ann: PEACE, Girlfriend. Here is that "be careful what you wish for" rest you have been wanting. Perhaps it is the only way you were going to get what you needed. Love and healing prayers for Mom and YOU, How is the Hub-Bub? Hope Happy:)
Angelhair: you multi-talented, tasking, wonderful newbie Crew Member!!! I thought your post was the Cuz!! Whoo Hoo! I couldn't believe I was laughing lying down in bed, snorting, guffawing, after just having read about poor Ann's Mother, and something else serious. Please forgive me, but here, we get the range of Emotions. Also, loved the story yesterday from Cuz about the pantyhose. I have seen that one before and laughed my heinie off. Almost. Actually, my heinie is not my problem. Thanks and Bless you, Cuz and Angelhair, for the touching heart and funny bone stories. xoxo
Cwicket: I have not received my package yet, either, but I am far away from FL from where they are being shipped. Is that correct? No problema. Yo Espero.
I got some Alteril last night on the way home from mall, where we went to PF Chang's and met 2 nice couples at the bar as we had wine and appetizers. Alteril has melatonin, L-Tryptophan, and Valerian, along with some other herbs, a natural sleep aid. I took it at 9:30, fell asleep at 10, and woke up once but did not get out of bed, then slept until 5. I felt very relaxed but not groggy when I finally hit the floor running. TY, God. I am hoping longer sleeping periods will help normalize me. Oh, you thought I was normal? Thank you so much.
Very busy time this weekend. It was nice to go out but not feel pressure to buy anything. We had a good time.
Going to Morgan's for brunch at 11. One thing about my daughter, when you toss her the ball, she runs with it. I refer to discussing our weekend family get together.
I cut some beautiful roses this morning for her and put in a red vase. 3 called "Marilyn Monroe"-- in honor of my daughter cause the soccer refs used to call her Marilyn when she was a natural blond. Now she's a dark auburn. Gorgeous with her fair skin and green eyes:) My Baby. xoxo
2 "Simply Marvelous", a floribunda, but got 2 single blooms on long stems this week, planted in honor of my hubby; and a very deep red that I am not sure what it is. Was here when we moved in and no tag. Put some privet stems and needlepoint ivy for greenery. In the spring, my next rose purchase will be St. Patrick, which is a large yellow rose: yellow was my Grandmother's favorite, Ireland is my Mother's heritage, and St. Paddy's day is my sister's birthday. Some way, that will aid in the family healing. I also have a gorgeous orange rose called "Cary Grant", because my son resembles him physically. There is hope:) Does anyone else grow roses here? I am not an expert, but I feared growing them for years and last year joined our local rose society. I hope to resume my activity with them in January. A great bunch of people, those who love to garden. Caregivers:)
I am thinking of you all, be safe out there or in there, be happy, bake cookies, eat fudge. Love Love Love you Bunches, like Roses, even you thorny ones. I said thorny. heehee Hugs, Christina xo
(2)

Stillstanding,

I love how you captured the wonderful memories of your Mother by the lights in the Christmas tree. It's a wonderful idea and tonight when I sit at look at the tree I am going to use the lights one at a time and for each light I am going to see the good in others. Seeing others through eyes of love will in turn bring us comfort and joy. Instead of seeing what's wrong with myself and others around me I will choose to see what is right about myself and others. I know that by changing my perceptions in this way, it will create a much happier environment within myself and for those around me. Thank you for reminding me of this by sharing your lights experience.

Cricket
(2)

Got my mug last night and sat in front of the Christmas tree remembering mother with each little light. Think I have 6,000 lights, going to take awhile but with each light it brought me comfort and smiles!
(4)

Ann sorry to hear about your mothers broken hip. We went thru that about 2 months ago with my mil. She's 93 and back running around like a slow chicken with its head cut off. Mind is still sharp as a tack so hopefully you will have the same results. Hugs to you and her both.
luvCuz
(3)

SIPPING VODKA

This is too funny - I still have tears in my eyes!

A new Priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass he asked the Monsignor how he had done.

The Monsignor replied, "When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip."

So next Sunday he took the Monsignor's advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm.

Upon his return to his office after the mass, he found the following note on the door:

1) Sip the vodka, don't gulp.

2) There are 10 commandments, not 12.

3) There are 12 disciples, not 10.

4) Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.

5) Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.

6) We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C..

7) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior and the Spook.

8) David slew Goliath; he did not kick the shit out of him..

9) When David was hit by a rock and was knocked off his donkey, don't say he was stoned off his ass.

10) We do not refer to the cross as the 'Big T.'

11) When Jesus broke the bread at the last supper he said, "Take this and eat it for this is my body." He did not say,"Eat me."

12) The Virgin Mary is not called 'Mary with the Cherry'.

13) The recommended grace before a meal is not: Rub-A-Dub-Dub thanks for the grub, Yeah God.

14) Next Sunday there will be a taffy pulling contest at St. Peter's not a peter pulling contest at St. Taffy's.
(3)

A new Christmas poem

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, HE LIVED ALL ALONE,IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF PLASTER AND STONE.
I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,AND TO SEE JUST WHO IN THIS HOME DID LIVE.
I LOOKED ALL ABOUT, A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS, NOT EVEN A TREE.
NO STOCKING BY MANTLE, JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND,ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES OF FAR DISTANT LANDS.
WITH MEDALS AND BADGES, AWARDS OF ALL KINDS,A SOBER THOUGHT CAME THROUGH MY MIND.
FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT, IT WAS DARK AND DREARY,I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER, ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY.
THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING, SILENT, ALONE,CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.
THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE, THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER,NOT HOW I PICTURED A UNITED STATES SOLDIER.
WAS THIS THE HERO OF WHOM I'D JUST READ? CURLED UP ON A PONCHO, THE FLOOR FOR A BED?
I REALIZED THE FAMILIES THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.
SOON ROUND THE WORLD, THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.
THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR,BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS, LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.
I COULDN'T HELP WONDER HOW MANY LAY ALONE,ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.
THE VERY THOUGHT BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE,I DROPPED TO MY KNEES AND STARTED TO CRY.
THE SOLDIER AWAKENED AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,
'SANTA DON'T CRY, THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE;
I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, I DON'T ASK FOR MORE,MY LIFE IS MY GOD, MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS.'
THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP,I COULDN'T CONTROL IT, I CONTINUED TO WEEP.
I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS, SO SILENT AND STILL AND WE BOTH SHIVERED FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.
I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT,THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR SO WILLING TO FIGHT.
THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER, WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE,WHISPERED, 'CARRY ON SANTA, IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE.'
ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH, AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT
.'MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND,! AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.'
This poem was written by a Marine. The following is his request. I think it is reasonable..... PLEASE. Would you do me the kind favor of sending this to as many people as you can? Christmas will be coming soon and some credit is due to our U.S. service men,women, and Canadian Forces for our being able to celebrate these festivities. Let's try in this small way to pay a tiny bit of what we owe. Make people stop and think of our heroes, living and dead, who sacrificed themselves for us. Please, do your small part to plant this small seed

Happy Holidays to everyone of the crew on this wonderful thread. I thank you all for letting me part of your daily lives, through the good times and even the blackest holes. I try my best to make life alittle happier for you. Thank you for your prayers when both the captain and myself lost a our uncle and when the wife lost her aunt. You gals and Ted are a great bunch of caregivers. Hugs to all.

LovCuz and my better half Joyce
(2)

The very first ever Blonde GUY joke. And well worth the wait!

An Irishman , aMexican and aBlonde Guy were doing construction work on scaffolding on the 20th floor of a building.
They were eating lunch and the Irishman said, 'Corned beef and cabbage! If I get corned beef and cabbage one more time for lunch,I ' m going to jump off this building. '
The Mexican! Opened his lunch box and exclaimed, 'Burritos again! If I get burritos one more time I ' m going to jump off, too. '
The blonde opened his lunch and said, 'Bologna again! If I get a bologna sandwich one more time, I'm jumping too. '
The next day, the Irishman opened his lunch box, saw corned beef and cabbage, and jumped to his death.
The Mexican opened his lunch, saw a burrito, and jumped, too.
The blonde guy opened his lunch, saw the bologna and jumped to his death as well.
At the funeral, the Irishman ' s wife was weeping. She said, ' If I ' d known how really tired he was of corned beef and cabbage, I never would have given it to him again! '
The Mexican's wife also wept and said, ' I could have given him tacos or enchiladas! I didn' t realize he hated burritos so much. '

(Oh this is SO GOOD!!)?

Everyone turned and stared at the blonde's wife.
The blond's wife said, 'Don't look at me. The idiot makes his own lunch. '
(2)

Ann, so sorry to hear your Mom broke her hip! When Dad broke his hip they kept him in Rehab for two months! They will probably keep your Mom longer than the 10 days! It is usually left up to OT/PT and the goal will be to get her walking again. Scary when they fall! Take good care of yourself as well! We went to see Dad every day but one when he was in Rehab, but while he was there I was able to get some rest. Hope your back gets healed and Mom makes a full recovery! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way as well as many hugs! Love to you! Kim
(3)

Oh darn Ann, I'm sorry to hear your Mom broke her hip. :( How awful the last few days must have been. Try to get the help to last as long as possible for both your sakes. Don't feel guilty Ann if it's time to put her in a NH facility. If they can take better care of her than you can, then do it for her. Monitor her for any other changes to help you see if further changes need to be made. Remember we are all here for you. I haven't got a gift from AC yet. I did give them my address when I got the email request also so it will show up soon. Take care of yourself Ann. Sending love and prayers your way.

Cricket
(2)

Ann, I can just imagine how tired you are from being at the hospital. I will add you and mom to my prayers and also for the extra 20 days of rehab. Hopefully this will give your back some time to heal. It's a rough way to get some help, but take it any way you can get it! Try rest and take care of yourself dear.
(2)

Hi guys,
Just wanted to chk in. Mom fell and broke her hip Thursday. I've been at the hosp since then. very tired. She's doing ok. will go for 10 days rehab monday. I'm hoping to stretch it to 20 more days. Maybe I'll catch a break.

Hope you all are doing reasonablly well. Got my gift from AC today. Anybody else get theirs? I made them tell me what it was before I consented to give my address. I told them I didn't want any promotional stuff or free trials etc. But it's nice.

Going to bed now. Love you all.
Ann
(6)

Cat has left the tree alone her so far. Not as exciting as when it was new I guess...
Cold n foggy here in Spokane, WA. Not expecting snow for our 25th. We need a break, had two heavy snow years last two.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
(4)

Hi everyone my grand-daughter got home from college fine-it was a long drive for her-Diane the black hole and I were very close for a long time and I will help you climb out-at the time it did not have a name but if I can get out so can you with help from your friends-that was great taking your Mom for the outing-she probably will sleep well tonight.
(4)

MMMMmmmm Chili and cornbread. I'm fixin chicken and rice. Starting very late, but I took mom for a drive then went to Lights on the River. She enjoyed seeing the lights yet they also confused her a great deal. Thanks for the punch at the black hole. I've been slugging a few too. I'm seriously thinking about following Bee and getting a therapy light to see if that will help get me out of this depression. It certainly can't hurt, except maybe my pocket. I'm eating healthy, getting rest and taking my meds so I'm doing the right things but still struggling. Mom is very tired from our outing. She is already dozing in her recliner. I will probably have to feed her if she is that tired. Oh well, it could be worse so I won't complain. I didn't get to stop at the grocery so I guess the baking will be done tomorrow.

Have a good night!

Diane
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter