Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Kuli, I put my teacup flowers out for you. xxoo

Jen and Lilli, thank you for the hugs, thank you so much! Sadie is doing okay now, she is just sleeping a lot. She will be in bed with us tonight so I can keep watch on her through the night. Thanks again everyone for your prayers. love you all. Cricket
(5)

Kuli, I continue to pray for you to be comforted and at peace knowing that your Father is no longer held captive to old age and disease of the body and mind, he is free from all that now. Now is the time for you to feel comforted by knowing that you saw him through to the end and this should give you a measure of peace while you grieve your loss. God bless you Kuli. Love Cricket
(3)

Kuli, I am so sorry. I know how much you love your father. But every time you will think of him, every time you will talk to him, you will understand he is still there for you. You helped him a lot, and from now on he will help you. You'll never lose contacts.
Many hugs
(4)

OMG Linda so glad you got thru you mammygram OK. This is for the rest of us

HOW TO PREPARE FOR A MAMMOGRAM
Many women are afraid of their first mammogram, and even if they have had them before, there is fear. But there is no need to worry. By taking a few minutes each day for a week preceding the exam and doing the following practice exercises, you will be totally prepared for the test, and best of all, you can do these simple practice exercises right in your home.

EXERCISE 1: Open your refrigerator door, and insert one breast between the door and the main box. Have one of your strongest friends slam the door shut as hard as possible and lean on the door for good measure. Hold that position for five seconds. Repeat (just in case the first time wasn't effective).

EXERCISE 2: Visit your garage at 3 a.m. when the temperature of the cement floor is just perfect. Take off all your clothes and lie comfortably on the floor sideways with one breast wedged under the rear tire of the car. Ask a friend to slowly back the car up until your breast is sufficiently flattened and chilled. Switch sides, and repeat for the other breast.

EXERCISE 3: Freeze two metal bookends overnight. Strip to the waist. Invite a stranger into the room. Have the stranger press the bookends against either side of one of your breasts and smash the bookends together as hard as he/she can. Set an appointment with the stranger to meet next year to do it again. You are now properly prepared!
(4)

Thanks auntjack laughter is indeed the best medicine!

A married couple in their early 60s were out celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.
Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table and said, "For being such an exemplary married couple and for being faithful to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish."
"Ooh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband" said the wife. The fairy moved her magic wand and - abracadabra! - two tickets for the new QM2 luxury liner appeared in her hands.
Now it was the husband's turn. He thought for a moment and said: "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this only occurs once in a lifetime, so, I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me".
The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish...
So the fairy made a circle with her magic wand and -abracadabra! the husband was 92 years old.
The moral of this story: Men are ungrateful idiots, Fairies are female!
(5)

If this helps anyone, everything I have read about being grossed out is only human nature on our part. I did exactly the same things others posted. My husband nor myself would eat out of the same dishes or eat anything off of my Mom's plate. When my Mom thought the edge of the tub was the toilet or the edge of the bed, that was my wake up call to myself. I still continued to be her caregiver while trying to run my own business that wasn't out of my home for another year but came to the realization that I was only taking chances when I would have to leave her alone. I couldn't afford for someone to be with her when she could no longer go with me in my business. I don't want to sound like a preacher, but it was truley my faith that got me through all of the escapades with her dementia. Everything all is posting is sadly the reality of this disease. Laughter is the best medicine either with your loved one or behind their back with your other family!
(2)

Oh Kuli, I am so sorry for your loss. Your Dad found his way home. You and your family are in my prayers....Lilli
(2)

Rip having a beer here ... What will I be dubbed as Linda? Phycho in Seattle?

I believe Kuli's father John is probably already hanging with my father, also John, boasting about their daughters. They were very similar.

Cheers to them both!
& their lovely wives, our mothers who passed much too long ago.
(4)

Linda....I'm so happy you got good news with the sonogram. Sadie Mae, get better. Those bufo toads are big ugly suckers.
(2)

Kuli, your dad is at peace and out of his pain and discomfort. My thoughts are with you as you heal and grieve the loss of your dad.
(2)

Kuli, a big hug for you, dear girl.
Love and Blessings Galore.
(1)

So very sorry Kuli. Prayers for you and your family.
(3)

Kuli, I am so sorry for your loss! Your Dad is at peace now and spirit soaring without limitations of body! Tears flow for you! Your Dad will always be with you in spirit and later you will meet again! Always like to think my Mom is getting things ready for us when we pass on! What a sweet reunion that will be! Take care of yourself! Love and big hugs! Kim
(4)

I'll leave my vent update for later....been too much here of late...ER and worries about my pets and just stuff....
(4)

Peace kuli for you and your family and your Dad......
(4)

Kuli I me and mine are thinking of you and your Dad. May he rest in peace. i am so sorry for your loss.
(2)

Kuli,
Angels to you and your family. Love you Kuli.
lovbob
(2)

With you Lady ~
(3)

Oh Kuli. I will pray for his peace but I am sure he is at peace already. Tears for you, girl. I am so sorry. Love you Love you Love you.

love,
miz
(1)

My dad passed on to bigger and better things at 3:30 this afternoon. I know he's soaring in the clouds, so glad to be free from his broken down old body. Say a prayer for his peace. Kuli
(2)

My sister sent this and I thought you all might enjoy it

Today is International Very Good Looking, Damn Smart Woman's Day!

Remember this motto to live by: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming 'WOOO HOOOOO what a ride!'

To the Girls !!

Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the hell happened.
~ Cora Harvey Armstrong ~
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
~ Unknown~
The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.
~ Helen Hayes (at 73)~
I refuse to think of them as chin hair. I think of them as stray eyebrows.
~ Janette Barber~
Old age ain't no place for sissies.
~Bette Davis~
Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
~ Caryn Leschen ~
If you can't be a good example ~ then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
~Catherine~

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!
(4)

Cricket: I am so happy for Sadie... Yes, little terriers are great warriors.
Christina I hope your mother's eye goes better.
Kuli, I'm sorry for your father, yes, maybe you have to try to understand whom or what he is looking for.
Linda, that's a very good new! See? Once you deal with your fears, sometimes things go for the best. You can sleep sweet dreams now. (between two breakfasts for your father, of course)
Matrix... If Matrix left, I am sorry for her, but we didn't attack her in any way. We just defended Linda!
(3)

Cricket, soooo relieved for you! Second happy dance of the day and it feels good! Give Sadie big hug and kiss for me! Hugs and love to you! Kimmy
(1)

Yippy for Sadie! That's one tenacious terrier!! Such good news....
(2)

Hi all, I just got a call from the Vet and she said they were taking the catheter and other things off of Sadie and I can come pick her up and bring her home but I had to keep her down and watch her for the rest of the day! Sighs!! I will be bringing her home and putting her in my bed and stay with her the rest of the day.. it's going to be a long dog slumber event in my bed. I'm so relieved! Thanks everyone so much. Kim thanks for the hug, I needed it :) Linda, I'm so relieved to hear you're okay too!! Christina, I hope you're Mom's eye is okay and whatever it is they find it. Thank you for all your comments everyone. love you all. Cricket
(4)

Yea linda!!!!!!!! happy happy news!!! GOOD news for a change!!!!!
(2)

Lilli I have been thinking about you! Hope all is well! Yeah the person that turned on me was so violent and cruel just out of the blue! Did this in front of my daughter and her kids! Hannah had nightmares for weeks after the whole thing! I wish the best for her, but don't want her back in our lives ever! Too bad for any of us to have to experience that side of a person! Plenty of so-called friends have dropped off the radar since Dad got worse! Guess in the whole scheme of things it let's us know who are the weeds and flowers in our lives! No relatives ever visit Dad! Sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews are all absent by choice! Only one of my cousins which happens to be on my Mom's side calls to check and see how we are doing! Oh well.....so it goes! Lots of love and hugs to you! Kim
(3)

mariesmom - i agree why cant we edit here . man oh man .
matrix prob has ran off , i think im too crazy for her . lol ah well she was begin honest , doesnt know us well enuff to know who we are . oh well . i even gave her a hug . ah well . hope she does comes back and enjoy ventin out with us . maybe i ll give her another hug :-) .
i need to go dig 4 holes for all the mums to go in . hope they do come back next year , sometimes they dont ..
you all have a good evening ,
lili - good to see u .. how are you doing ? good i hope . xoxo
cricket - keep us posted about ur lit sadie mae . i love that name ! xoxo
(2)

Linda doing a happy dance for you! What a relief!! Nope we don't need em! It was hard for me to get over the whole thing with her! I was always there for her. It is their loss, not ours!

Christina, thinking about your Mom's CT scan and hoping they will find the source of the pain! Pain can really change the way we react to everything around us! Hope you get an answer soon! Many hugs and love coming your way! xxoo
(4)

Hello all....been popping in to read how everyone is doing....you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Kuli: how's dad? Is he on oxygen? I hope his agitation lessens. So many people in the forum have expressed that their loved ones are "looking for something" before they pass. I think it's a "door" off some sort that allows them passage into the next life. It may be a person, place, or something in their inner spirit that is guiding them. I pray for him peace.
54j…thinking of you too…
Cricket: poor Sadie Mae…your story broke my heart. Remember that terriers are little toughies. My guy got a lick of a toad one time…made him so sick even though we flushed his mouth out. Nasty little things! I will pray for her full recovery.
MsM: it’s never really over…you will have memories forever (both good and bad) The important thing is that you were present – which seems like a simple thing to those who have not gone through this, but so much bigger in the grand scheme of things…
Linda and Kim: had the friend thing happen too. A person I thought of as a sister took a royal hike when I started caring for my Mom. I never asked any of my friends to help. Still cannot figure what it is in human nature that makes people bolt when you begin to care for an elderly family member….it isn’t “catching.” :0/
Christina: hope they figure out what I wrong with Mom’s eye…keep on ‘em…docs just seem to dismiss problems when their patient’s hair turns white…it isn’t humane!
Hi Miz, rip, 195Austin, rosella, dtflex, NANCE (good seeing you again…we’ve been here awhile, haven’t we??), annt (where U B?), and to all that I missed.
I hope this week brings everyone a bit of respite, sunshine, or a NICE surprise for once!
Lilli
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter