Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
yowsa....ew...
Like the toytie jar in the Bill Bryson book...

Brother emailed asking for why Mom never got back to him about taking the five generations photo...Oh I don't know, cause she is god d*mn tired!
(2)

My mother used my dishcloths as extra padding in leaking diapers. Even after washing them with bleach, I'll never use them in the kitchen again.
(4)

No, he has been complaining about the shoes, the rug, the linoleum, the air, the water, the food, the bed, the lift chair,the toilet, the walls, the floor boards... the weather... for twenty five years now...he will not admit he is weak and old and in- capable of things he could do easily when he was 70...he has to blame something or someone else. he gets new Diabetic shoes covered by medicare every year same time...
what ever, snow melted everywhere I shoveled so there one less worry...
(1)

Sometimes when an elder sits on the toilet for an extended period of time they trap the nerves in their legs and they really can't get up. This is especially true if they are overweight. once the pressure is off they can move again but panic usually ensues as every thinks they suddenly have paralysed legs.
Don't know what the problem with shoes is but maybe without them it is possible to get a better grip on the floor. make sure there are sturdy bars near the toilet and strong arms on chairs. If at all possible it is better for your loved one to get up alone rather than trying to pull them up. If you help, let them pull on you and brace your self.
(2)

What the heck is it with shoes?! My Mom too is progressing in the disease. She frequently has a hard time standing from a sitting position. She is first inclined to take off her shoes. And strange thing is it seems to help!
(1)

9:30 Pm sat...He almost couldn't get up off the toilet, screamfest ensues..."ITS THE GOD DAMN SHOES, IT'S NOT THE SHOES YOU HAVE MO STRENGTH IN YOUR LEGS DADDY, WHY ARE YOUR SHOES NOT FASTENED WELL I CAN'T FASTED EM STANDING UP, YOU DON'T HAVE TO FASTEN THEM STANDING UP YOU FASTEN THEM SITTING DOWN, WELL I CAN'T STAND UP FOR HALF AND HOUR!!!! WHY DO YOU NEED TO STAND UP SO LONG, WELL GOD DAMINT IT'S LIKE TALKING TO A BRICK WALL!!! WELL I"M SORRY DADDY BUT YOUR NOT DOING VERY WELL!!!
GOD JUST MAKE HIM DIE NOW PLEASE?

I go clean the bathroom, after helping her remove him from the bathroom...

Bottom of screen "Is it wrong to hope someone dies?" Yes, it is evil and I am going to HELL for it...AND IT WILL BE LIKE GOING ON VACATION!!!
What ever that is....
mmm next?....
(1)

Doggies, are you some place a day with out power can be dangerous?
(0)

:Power out here 8:30 this morning until 8:30 this evening. Not bad really. But, mom and stepdad stressed out over it really bad. Biggest problem is the water comes from a well, with an electric pump. So no electricity means no water. Except we have a 1700 gallon rain water catch tank that was clear full. Just had to carry it by the bucket full. Mostly out to the barn for the horses and goats.
Jen glad to hear Cleo is doing better. Those coconut macaroons sound yummy.
(0)

Thanks meanwhile, she is home now and doing better, vet said keep an eye on her and if she gets worse come back in...So maybe it will be O.K. for a while yet.

Did the Friday errands and got a coconut at the store, I'm going to make macaroons, one of the worlds easiest cookies I swear...

When g got home from Adult Health he took a fall...mom called me up to "Help her get him up..." I thought we weren't doing that anymore? Apparently not/not.....I go up, he is on the floor in his Depends (Thank God). She wants us to take a side and lift him bodily from the floor to the bed...Oh God...That won't work..."I'll get the hassock, she never thinks of this...it is a foot stool a foot and a half high with a padded seat...So in stages we heave him up, up, and onto bed...And my chest throbs painfully...great great, yes, I may have a heart attack and die but as long as Daddeeee doesn't have to be embarrassed by the fire dept. coming out to get him up and assess his injuries (none) so what...Wonderful...

Wish macaroons had obliviating qualities...

Deef I opened my new calendar...Cardinal in pine trees ! thought of you!

Hope everyone had a good safe New Years. Jen
(1)

Oh, Jen sorry about Cleo.
(1)

Had to take CLEO to emergency vet, possible kidney failure, or thyroid more out of whack, she is 14...I took the decorations down so fast, it was like Xmas had never happened...Better that...I went out a cussed 2014 out as I rang 2015 in...Was funny, scared my mom...Feel like I'd be back in the psychiatric ward but for CLEO. I probably would.
My premonition has been he'd see 93 and die...I hope to God this is so and this entire situation has run it's course...

I wish everyone a safe, sane, productive, healthy, Happy New Year and all good things for 2015!

Jen
(0)

Belated Happy New Year to everyone. (I went to bed early last night).
(1)

Happy New Year to every caregiver out there. I hope the new year brings peace. Hugs
LovCuz
ps It was strange tonight reading our newspaper for Jan 1st at 10:00pm on Dec 31st. Sounds like the press guy wanted to party.
(2)

Cuz, hope everyone gets well soon.
(1)

Well what goes around comes around. he wife has been sick with a cough since last Friday and now I have the same cough. Oh well at least I know where mine came from. Hugs
luvCuz
(1)

my sister to my mom who is 90 to the dr today. She has a viral bronchitis. I guess it is going around her assisted living. They gave her a steroid for the inflamed throat and a cough medicine with codine. The wife has been down with a bad cough since Friday am and now I think I am getting the same thing. What a way to end the new year. Hugs to all
luvCuz
(0)

I need sane for sure. First my mother accused my stepfather of something she made up in her mind. Then on the way back to their house, she insisted that someone was breaking into the neighbors house. It's the only house between their's and ours, and the neighbors are out of town for the holiday's. She was sure all the neighbors lights were on, and someone was in the house. So dad went back to check it out, and of course it was dark and empty. My mom has always been crazy, but this is a new low even for her.
(0)

Merry Xmas to everyone! Been up to my eyeballs here tge last 6 weeks. So glad this day is almost over. Planning on taking time to just breathe tomorrow. Haven't been near my computer in weeks. Will try to catch up on everyone now that i have more time. Still dealing with Blanche but now have help.
Been spreading myself too thin and it has to stop before I drop in my tracks.
Jen, Bobbie, Maxine, Shirley, Kuli, Mame, Juju, Cuz, all the newbies and those I missed, heres hoping for a more peaceful and sane year for all!
Love Deef
(1)

Panapal that was soooo great! Thanks so much for the laugh cause I really needed a break from the colostomy bag chronicals today! No longer am I alone with dementia and it's antics since joining you all. So grateful for this day and all it represents. Blessings and strength to us all on this journey! Grace to each of you!
(2)

And both together?! Another living nightmare.
(1)

Jen, five generations is indeed rare! And for me a very scary thought to have Mom live long enough for there to be a fifth generation, while not impossible, I hope, not likely because of behaviors of my grandchildren! Oldest grandchild is 7 and Mom is 88! Possible, but I truly hope not! My mom's mom didn't pass until she was 101. Geez, another thing to worry about? Not sure which would be worse, granddaughter getting pregnant too young, or Mom living long enough to see it.
(1)

I forgot one.
To all my good friends who missed getting cards,
please dont be angry, this year has been hard.
I will not blame you for taking your digs but did not find them till now from in the back of the frig.
(1)

I Think I'll do that Veronica. Had a really pretty hot pink sunset last night, was really cool...
(1)

Jen it's almost over just grin and bear it. That.s all there is to it.
Its horrible and distressing but you will get through it.
It is not Christmas but everything that goes with it. My daughter has parted from her long time boy friend and the atmosphere has lightened and the stress evaported. End the day early and pretend the day never happened.
(2)

God these holidays are painful...I miss my Pug, Monty. G is not dead, cousin sent pics from when they were here last year? One with her having her 1 year old daughter kiss G on the mouth, made my skin crawl... Stupid brother just sent an Email, they want to do a five generations photo for the paper, "five is rare". No, it's unfortunate. Leave me alone. God just leave me alone! It is so awful...If I could drink or get high, I probably would have by now...Jen
(1)

Twas the night before Christmas and all thru the house not a creature was stirring...... Oh wait, is that Mom going to the bathroom every 5 minutes?

The stockings were hang by the chimney with care.... No that was actually paper glue that Mom keeps trying to use as Chap Stick.

Mother was snuggled all warm in her day bed,
while visions of anything edible danced in her head.
And Mama in everyones cloths but her own, and I in my cap,
had been beating our brains out trying to figure out why all cloths end up in her drawers prior to our warm winter's nap.

When down in the great room there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the stairway I flew like a flash,
tore up my shin on the end table and have a big gash .

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
gave the lustre of midday to objects below,
when, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but Mom putting bread in the napkin holder.

"Now Dasher! Now Dancer!
Now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid!
On, Donner and Blitzen!
To the top of the porch!
To the top of the wall!
Now take me away! Take me away!
Dash away all!"
Merry Christmas!
(8)

Cuz Merry Christmas to you -you are such a blessing to us all
(1)

Merry Christmas to all of you great care givers both past and present. Hugs to all
luvCuz
(1)

Merry Christmas to all!!
(2)

Glad it went well bobbie!!! Have a great Christmas/New Years!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter