Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Bobbie, Hell, I say come here and vent as often as you need to and don't worry about if your comments are negative. That's what this thread you created is all about. I say bitch, complain, yell, scream, kick for legs, stomp your feet as much as you need to. ((((((smile))))))
We all need the sleep fairy to work overtime for us! I know one thing for sure is that when I get old and need help I'm telling my kids now ahead of time to put me in NH and I will know they love me. I never want to put my children through this!
I'm not going to name everyone here but rather say everyone hang in there! To tired to name everyone, my brain doesn't want to think anymore today.
(4)

Kuli I know what you mean about sleep deprivation. Didn't get 2 hrs straight sleep last night with Mom coughing coughing. I'm still coughing myself - good thing I gave up the ciggies!. Had to be up for work at 6am and was just hanging - left work early as had to get Doctor again today for Mom. Chest infection back... possibility that the last antibiotic 2 weeks ago didn't completely clear the infection. Linda I can see where your daughter gets her big heart. Just hope looking after her grandma won't make her lose her happy memories and love for her grandma. I love my Mom but the dynamics definitely changes when you have to clean poopy diapers for the person you once looked up to. I guess you have done and said all you can do and now must hope for the best. Take care everyone, Annie
(5)

kuli ! good to hear from you . i hear u loud and clear about whats clean and whats dirty ! i always try to beat mil in those dishes !!! but i always manage to find one dirty cup or silverwares oh gawd ! big hugs to you dear . xoxox
(3)

And Cuz!!!!!!!!! Always love your jokes...
(1)

Jen, Flex, Rosella, Lilli - didn't mean to leave you out. Love and hugs - kuli
(2)

Good morning to all! I have been reading posts but am again fighting the dreaded black hole. I think if I could sleep more than in 2 hour intervals at night I would feel alot better. Dad is back and forth with confusion - thought we had to report to the Army this morning. He's up at night with either catheter problems or poop problems. Always says - I hate to wake you up - I want to say not as much as I hate having you wake me up but he looks so pitiful I just bite my tongue. He's still hell bent on trying to prove to me that he doesn't need caregivers around and the more he tries to prove it, the more I'm convinced we need someone 24/7. When I reached in the cabinet for dishes for dinner Monday night, realized he had put away at least one load of dirty dishes, so EVERYTHING went back into the dishwasher. All I could think about was - what silverware or dishes did I use and did I really look at them before I used them - Gross!!!!! But I am thinking of all of you and saying prayers for peace - Bobbie, MsM, Ann, Miz, Linda, Kim, Deef, etc, etc. Memory doesn't work well when you're sleep deprived as you all know. Love to all and hopes for a good day - kuli
(3)

Bobbbieeeeee: good to see you "resurface" even for a brief moment. I went through all of these things when I finally convinced Mom to sell. I flew out twice to hold yard sales and donate and help her put the house up for sale. All alone, of course. I think family members, who are not caregivers, think that it is "all over" once someone passes. Nothing could be further from the truth. There is so much to do. And handling all the "remains of the day" is just exhausting. It was sad for us to see someone else living in Mom's and our childhood home...but that fades too. And the young woman who bought it was going through some painful things with the loss of her husband in a work accident and raising their children alone. She loved the house and felt it was a blessing for her family. I always look for the "win-win" in every situation.
I wish I could come by to help. I have had lots of practice at "divesting." :o)
Take care...stop by once and ahwile for a re-charge...then take that break that you so deserve.
(2)

good morning folks .
good to hear from you bobbie - i wish i was a lit closer to you and we would have a pity party together . id be keeping beer on ice and help you sort things out . maybe stumble here and there but hey it ll get done ! once we get on the boat we ll be all smiles .... am still plannin to come in nov . hopin and prayin that all is well here that i can go . big hugs xoxo
was havin a fine morning but now am not . pa is something eles . he is quite and sleeps tons . had to wak ehim up to change him and set his fav bfast there , ate in bed and back to sleep . i woke him up and ask him if it was one of the reason why him and mom left to live in fla is to get away from the kids ? he smiled . ah . then he thank me for bfast and said he appreciated me so much . aww what a sweet thing to say . i sure do love my dad . thank u jesus ...
sis went back to bed cuz of blast headache . never could finish my job in the kitchen . thought oh ok its break time , needed to get here and see whats happening with ya all .
heard thru the grapevine that mil and bil is comin back friday . so he can see his new gfriend . hopefuly they stay with his gfriend . dont need em here for em to stress me out . think i ll go hide in miz s fox hole , mmmm
mariesmom - thank you for poppin in and let us know ure ok . be with u spirit at the funeral . sendin more angels at your way , xoxo
you all have a good day .
deef - love that ghost story :-)
(3)

(((((((((bobbie)))))))))
(1)

Good Morning Crew,
Barb, angels to you and your family and to each and every one of us here. It takes a long time to try and get your life back together after all of the losses.

Linda and Flex and Cuz and Miz and everybody, thanks for thinking of me. I am still awake in the middle of the nightmare and am doing the best I can to not go completely insane.
When outsiders come in here they all do the same thing in that they put their hands to their faces and all say the same thing:
I could never do this.
How can you do this?
OMG.

I guess I can do it because I don't know that I can't.

We have donated another 10K books in my mom's name to the Quakers and they are distributing them to where they are wanted and needed.
I had bad luck with a furniture consignment shop and so the house still has all the furniture in it.
I am very lucky in that one person that I met came and helped me empty the storage unit and I took him to a big fat lunch and maybe he can help me again but this crap gets real old real fast.

I am packing and am amazed that the stuff I thought I wanted to keep I just don't care about anymore even though I am feeling pangs about this house because I worked so hard on it and it is very nice and I will be leaving it and this area probably forever when the time finally comes.

I am donating everything I can and the stuff I have to get $ out of I am advertising and taking calls on it. Wanted to have a sale this weekend but it is going to rain like ArkTime so it would be a waste of energy and money to stage it all.

In the meantime I am handling paperwork that should have been handled a year ago. Just another reason for caregiver advocates so that those of us in the trenches and then PTSD can get help in a timely manner so that we don't stay overwhelmed for a year plus after it's all over. I have realized that in my case it's not going to be over for quite awhile yet.

Wish I had a more upliftng post but I don't and that is why I haven't been writing. There is not one aspect of this that is fun or an adventure, it is just day after day of alone and sorting and tossing and packing and donating my mother's hoard.
Thank God for the Cat and you guys.

Back to the hoard.

lovbob
(4)

Tossed and turned last night. Forgot to take my meds and it screwed up my sleep. I gotta work 6 hours today and I feel like a zombie. I reckon it's like you all feel all the time. I remember those days. Coffee ain't helping. Work all day tomorrow and Friday. It's good though cause my check will be bigger. I hope no one gives me a hard time at work today cause I may be bitchy.
(5)

Barb, Hoping you and yours have each other to lean on during this awful time. Will be thinking of you!
Linda, Your daughters were definitely raised well by you! You have done your best to try to protect her from being a full time caregiver, the rest is up to her. I myself am like Rossella and dealing with someone in the advanced stages of dementia, and it is ruining my mental and physical health. Even though we both have help daily, it is still with us all the time! There is no getting away from it.
Diane, It is the worst time of day for Mom and I too! I have no patience left by the time she goes to bed! It's very hard not to turn into a b!tch when you are past being on your last nerve! I truly do not know how much longer I can take this and my heart goes out to the rest of you.
(4)

Barb, angels to you. I know how hard it is but you will get through it all. I wish we could be there to give you support. Love You, Dear.

miz
(2)

Kiss, Barb!
(1)

Msm: Nice to hear from you. Take care of things as they come. There is so much "baggage" in the aftermath. Hope having your daughter home is helping you "circle the wagons." Take care of yourself....Lilli
(2)

Good to hear from you Barb. Take care of yourself
(1)

Friends - jumping on to say hello and all is well and Moms funeral tomorrow. I didn't want anyone to worry. Kisses
(4)

Good luck Diane. I know exactly where you are coming from. I don't even think many of us have an entire nerve to get on! Hugs, Kim
(2)

Lord give me patience and hurry!!!!!!!!!

What is it about bedtime that my mother tries my every last nerve? The dawdling, the stories, the excuses, the whining the bitchiness. She is driving me nuts!!! I know she is nervous about her test tomorrow at the hospital, but its not just tonight that she is such a PITA. My sweet loving mother has turned into this demanding monster. Ok, I've vented and stepped away from her for a few minutes. Let me go back and try get her to take her meds and go to bed. Wish me luck.
(5)

Linda okay you have reassured me. If your daughter knows what she is doing it is okay. I hope she is not going to do it 24/7, though!
(1)

Cute Poop Story

A POOP STORY
an extremely modest man was in the hospital for
series of tests, the last of which had left his
bodily
systems extremely upset.
Upon making several false alarm trips to the
bathroom, he decided the latest episode was
another and stayed put. He suddenly filled his
bed with diarrhea and was embarrassed beyond
his ability to remain rational.
In a complete loss of composure he jumped out of
bed, gathered up the bed sheets, and threw them
out the hospital window.
A drunk was walking by the hospital when the
sheets
landed on him. He started yelling, cursing, and
swinging his arms violently trying to get the
unknown things off, and ended up with the soiled
sheets in a tangled pile at his feet.
As the drunk stood there, unsteady on his feet,
staring down at the sheets, a hospital security
guard (barely containing his laughter) who had
watched the whole incident walked up and asked,
What the heck is going on here?" "I think I
just beat the shit out of a ghost
(2)

cuz !!! i said cows drink milk !!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaa . i failed every one of the test waa im only 49 . sniffff .
jen - ya think the union gospel will come over and clean my closet ? heeheehee .. wonder if that new neighbor kid took a picture of u bending over ? mmm . hope not !
rossella - both of my girls are cna , they have been workin with old folks for many years , my oldest one is very close to her gma . they have a speical love bond for eachother , she cant see her off to nursing home . bless her heart . shes good to her gma . she wont have it another way . i tried explain to her she says i know mom i know mom i worked with em everyday i know mom u aint tellin me anything that i dont know . well ok . its not happening yet , that is just in case bil says im DONE !!! then we ll go for it , gma doesnt have dementia , she has alz senil ones . my youngest daughter she says oh gosh not me ! i cant take care of gma . oh noooo , she believe she needs to be in alz , where theres activies and people her age and chit chat she believes she will have fun at NH . she is close to gpa and have a spiecal bond with gpa , no NH , he needs one on one . not one over 25 . he sleeps alot and knows who we are and is never a trouble to us . always peaceful easy going quite guy , he has his moments but that is dementia . he tld me few yrs ago when he saw mil , he said oh linda do u know that woman is senil ! i said yep i do know pa . he said oh boyyyyy . he knew and he aint no dummy . i just broke down and told him what i had to go thru sunday morn . tld him theres no way in hell i could care for her . once a while its ok but every day oh my gosh ! he had that worry look on his face . i said oh dad u are no where near in the shape shes in . ure a sweet heart and is very easy to take care of and youre my daddy . i love u very much . he smiled and said thank you . then i kick myself in the ass for blah blah about mil . she cant help it , ijust know it wont be me to care for her daily . nanana . you guys i dont see how u do it every day . my heart is with you and i am so sorry . i would become a terrible person if i had to do that daily . big hugs to you ....
gloomy day out i shall go to town and get grocries ,
CUZ- thanks for letting us know that bobbie is busy . wish someone who is near her could bring her lunch :-( . 6 pack beer too on ice ....ah make it 12 pack ..
xoxox
(4)

7:00 awake here...Union Gospel Mission asked for donation for the "Clean Out Your Closets" drive....heheheheheheheheheheheheeeeeheeeeeheeeeeeee
(2)

Our Yearly Senior CitizenTest

It's that time of year for us to take our annual senior citizen test.
Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it!
Below is a very private way to gauge how your memory compares to the last test. Some may think it is too easy but the ones with memory problems may have difficulty.
Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not.
The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer.
OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: 'bread.' If you said 'toast' give up now and do something else … Try not to hurt yourself.
If you said, bread, go to Question 2.

2. Say 'silk' five times. Now spell 'silk.' What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said 'milk,' don't attempt the next question. Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading more appropriate literature such as Auto World.
However, if you said 'water', proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said 'green bricks,' why are you still reading these??? If you said 'glass,' go on to Question 4.

4. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales . In London , 17 people get on the bus. In Reading , 6 people get off the bus and 9 people get on. In Swindon , 2 people get off and 4 get on. In Cardiff , 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea , 3 people get off and 5 people get on. In Carmathen, 6 people get off and 3 get on.
You then arrive at Milford Haven ..

Without scrolling back to review, how old is the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!
Don't you remember your own age?
It was YOU driving the bus!!

If you pass this along to your friends, pray they do better than you.

PS: 95% of people fail most of the questions!!
(2)

I Love This I am not afraid of tomorrow for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Noah's Ark : Everything I need to know, I learned from Noah's Ark .

ONE: Don't miss the boat.
TWO: Remember that we are all in the same boat!
THREE: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
FOUR: Stay fit. When you're 60 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
FIVE: Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
SIX: Build your future on high ground.
SEVEN: For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
EIGHT: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
NINE: When you're stressed, float awhile.
TEN: Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
ELEVEN: No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.

Please pass this on to people you want to be blessed.
Give it! Don't just get it!

Most people walk in and out of your life,
but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart
(3)

Hey everyone I talked with cousin bobbie on the phone tonight and she is real busy at the house. She is one beat puppy tonight from all the movin etc. Just hasn't had the time to post. She will catchup though she said.
LovCuz
(4)

Hi Y'all,

Nothing new to report here. Mom goes for her procedure on Wednesday to scope the bladder and the tubes from the kidney. They want to rule out any other causes of the frequent UTI's.
Kim, I am so sorry your dad had a tandrum and wouldn't let you enjoy your trip. They are worse than spoiled children when they start their BS. Mom gets wound up every night between her Requip making her irritable and just plain tiredness. The BS gets old very quickly.

Kathy and Linda, i thought stepping in pee was bad, but crap! Kathy, at least it saved you the job of wiping the crap off the floor. Sorry for the joke, but I hate having to deal with the pee and the poop and the snot and everything else.

No, I haven't forgotten the family yet. I guess if they never called the house I would eventually forget them and their accusations, but they at least call and talk with mom. I guess I have to give them some kind of kudos for that. Picked up another bunch of medicine today $178. Last week was $121.

I'm feeling very stressed between trying to work more hours to make more money, dealing with mom, and having $50 to buy 2 weeks of groceries and pay the bills.

Annie, it's good to see you again. I haven't had a chance to look up the movie series you suggested. Maybe this weekend. Watched Dancing with the Stars tonight. I'm guessing you have something similar in Ireland.

Jen, hang in their girl. I used to have a dirty old uncle that made my skin crawl every time he gave me a hug, so I can only begin to know how you feel about FP.

Well, I'm going to call it a night. I've been worrying about Bobbie. I text her a couple times but no reply. I hope she is ok.

Get some rest dear friends and tomorrow is another day in paradise.

Love ya,
Diane
(3)

Oh Kim! No comments can be made! They are wicked, wicked, wicked those relatives of ours. We are slaves to them and the slaves mustn't rebel, no freedom is allowed. This is not a joke, this is serious.
Linda have you explained to your daughter what dementia is? Because it's very hard to handle it if you are the "daughter" of the person with the disease; but it's much harder if you are the "grand-daughter" and you would like to have a life, because you are young!!!! Your personal life doesn't exist anymore if you live with an Alzheimer. And it gets worse and worse every year, and it could last for years and years. (and years).
Miz, Jen, hi.
(3)

Oh Jen. You crack me up. No pun intended. ;)
(3)

Here's one for the neighbor guy: I went outside to bring in CLEO my cat, leashed, bent over, away from fart pants to avoid him...and ended up half flashing the new neighbor kid. He must be twenty something...he just looks at his hand held electronic device and keeps typing....poor bastard, but I ain't bending over any where near fart pants period!
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter