Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Stye in my eye-I look like I have been in the boxing ring! Guess mom & I both have a cold! Jeesh!
Sorry Glad...
Sounds fun Jen! It will be so nice when done!
Thought that rain last night was supposed to usher in the cooler weather but we are supposed to have a couple more humid days before the cool down this weekend...
Having a midlife crisis trying to figure out what to do next with my life. Going to see mom for lunch every day does not make for an exciting life. Brushing up my resume. Time to get back to some kind of life after 14 years of caregiving. Not sure who will have me. Hoping! Mame
(2)

going to paint the kitchen! only been 20 years...yeah! No windows so light colours but mom agreed to have the cabinets a different colour than the base wall. Should be cool. Big project, replacing hardware too...tired of those rip your skin off hook and grasp ones....deadly! Cooled off and just now it is raining! yay! Jen
(1)

Mame and all, three day weekends bring out every bit of dysfunction there ever was in this family. Going to my house tomorrow, to see progress, sign abatement waiver, etc. Then memorial service for MIL. So, rest? Hmmm... I wish I could say ZZZZ.....
(2)

They were really good Sharyn! They played a lot of their new stuff which is pretty with lots of harmony. And of course everyone loved all the oldies!!! It was fun!
Good one Cuz!
Meanwhile-so sorry about Indio! Broken ribs hurt every time you move!
How you doin Bobbie? Hope it all clears up soon for you!!!
Glad-you getting any rest?
Hey Deef! How's the sauce?
Jen-keep rockin out on You tube!
Hi Veronica!
Mom is getting a cold. I told them yesterday I thought something was going on...so they started doing extra breathing treatments to try and keep her lungs open. Hoping it doesn't turn into anything... One of the resident's sons died last week. She (the resident) was so sad-I was rubbing her back and she was just crying... Then the nurses told me that her family came and told her and then left after 5 minutes! The nurse was so angry at the family. I felt so bad. I got her some flowers and a sympathy card from our family. She is a very grumpy woman on a good day-but I just can't believe her family would be that way! She did say they were picking her up to take to the wake etc. so I hope she gets what she needs sympathy wise. Poor thing...
Anyway...can't believe summer is over.... Raining here now and a cold front moving in. It was so humid today that I am almost thankful for the cooler weather!
Hi Austin and Juju and everyone else out there. Mame
(2)

I love the Doobie Bros!!!
(2)

Will I Live to see 86?

Here's something to think about. I recently picked a new primary
care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing
'fairly well' for my age. (I'm almost 69).

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him,
'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'

He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?
'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs? 'I
said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very
unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating,
sailing, hiking, or bicycling?' 'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lots of sex?'
'No,' I said...

He looked at me and said.. 'Then, why do you even give a sh*t?
(2)

Oh, Bobbi, C-diff, hope your better soon. Congrad's on your new grandson's Sharyn. It was 100 degrees here today, and last week, Indio managed to break 2 ribs. He was going to try and ride the young horse, Omaha. Turns out Omaha is scared of men. Indio is a good rider, but Omaha just freaked out, and started bucking and jumping. They were right next to a fence, and Indio was afraid Omaha was going to land on the fence and get hurt, so decided to jump off. We forget we don't bounce like we did 20 years ago. Omaha knocked him down when he jumped off, and now Indio has 2 broken ribs. Poor guy is in a world of hurt. and nothing much to do. Dr gave him pain meds, but he really doesn't like taking them.
(2)

JEN! The Doobie Bros are playing at the Fair tonight!!! I am hoping to see them! Fireworks after. This is the last day of the Fair....unofficial end of summer....blah.
(2)

Sharyn! So glad everyone is OK and got through safe and sound, looks like it was touch a go for a bit but a good ending for all! Thinking of you!
Listening to Doobie Brothers on Youtube here. blocks out the (No Funeral) funereal organ music from fp room for a bit...Another crab ass argument morning...God when is he gonna kick it! ? A 9 year old girl dies digging in the sand in Oregon on Holiday and here is ole fart pants still oozing along at 93...Beh. Have a safe Labor Day Weekend all! "weekend" PAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Jen
(1)

Glad is this a case of the devil you know. By that I mean balencing the money you would have to put into repairs agaist the money you would loose by selling.
Don't know where you live but here in central New York the market is still soft. In the long term could you get your investment back if you keep the house? Is this set up already as part of a business so you can get a tax break on your personal income? I am set up as an LLC and the losses pass through to personal taxes.
I comfort myself when realizing that there is little or no profit from my investments I am actually getting a better return on that investment than the banks are offering.
Set the long term aside for now glad and concentrate on the present and things will become clear.
last year i made an offer on a tiny house that was an estate sale and had a verbal acceptance which is usually good enough round here as the paperwork follows. The agent then said the sellers wanted to sell to someone else and would i present my highest and best offer. So I was mad and offered less and of course did not get the house. Just after that I was violently ill and hospitalized for 2 weeks and could not have done the renovations anyway. At the same time I learned that any house with a mortgage would be required to have flood insurance and this house was in a bad flood zone. Probably about $1K a year. Chances of reselling for a profit were zero to none so as I said everything happens for a reason. You will get it figured out just let it rest a while.
(2)

Wow Bobbie! So sorry to hear about the C-diff! Hugs are prayers for you! Hope you get over it soooooon!!!
Sharyn-what great weights for twins! She did a great job! Glad she is alright...so scary! Sorry you can't stay longer!
Glad-what a bummer! I am so sorry that happened and hope the cleanup goes well.
Hey Jen, Veronica, Deef, Cuz, Austin and everyone else out there.

Been busy here...but going ok. Mom thinks she wants to go to the Fair-she never did when she could-it is funny she thinks she wants to now. I keep putting her off.... My sister was helping two residents get their wheelchairs untangled and got grabbed by the old grumpy resident and he dug his nails right into her arm. Instead of being professional about it-the head nurse told her not to help people anymore. (!!!) Ugh. Talk to ya later! Mame
(2)

I was going to do some grousing but my issues are so insignificant after reading the latest posts here!
Thought I'd check dmail for the first time in a week and am so sorry to read about you Bobbie and poor Glad! C-diff, wtf? Owee Bobbie :( . And Glad, what an awful thing to happen. I have seen what c- diff can doandit isn't pretty. As for fire damage, what can I say.
Sharyn and Kuli, congrats on the grandbabies! Give them a squeeze for me please as I will never know that joy!
Jen, Juju, Mame and all the rest of you great caregivers, hang in there!
Have 5 quarts of pasta sauce cooling in the pressure canner and I need to make some lunch for Blanche. Feel like a yoyo running ba k and forth 2x a day, 7 days a week, but at least she gets " meals on wheels" on weekdays and will soon have a PCA 3 x's a week. I' m hoping to get some relief on those days.
Raspberry peach jam to make.this afternoon, but I will try to catch up with all of you soon.
Love Deef!
(3)

Veronica, thought about that but I would lose so much money. And I too, am a big believer in things happening for a reason. But, I am puzzled right now to say nothing of just plain DRAINED!
(2)

Oh Gald so sorry it must be awful for you. Don't have a crystal ball but am a great believer in things happening for a reason. Hopefully the insurance will take care of a lot. may be jsut sell it as is and not have to add the headaches of repairs to your current load. hugs
(3)

Hi Bob and all.
Haven't been here in awhile there are some threads I frequent and some not so much. Just time and energy wanes and after this last week I can't believe I have been on the site at all. Well, that isn't exactly true, it is just energy lacking, motivation, whatever. Just as most of you do, there are threads that you check on regularly.

I received a call last Tuesday morning that there had been a fire at my house, 60 miles from here, the night before. A friend has been taking care of my cats and belongings, or not so much, and was using oxygen and smoking. No lectures on this please I have heard about this so many times that if I hear once more I may explode. It is a large Victorian, 4000 square feet, 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, well was... I bought it 15 years ago envisioning restoring it and renting out apartments to provide a stream of income when I retire, maybe I am there now.

Well, one room was completely gutted but the smoke and water damage is throughout. One cat is missing, one snuggly cat is there and restoration guys are helping to find a home for him. The extent of the damage will not be known until the house is emptied of contents that will all need to be cleaned and desmoked. I went down Thursday to mark furniture and other items to be thrown rather than cleaned. I am think of it as downsizing in a major way. May sell the house when we get through all of this and well, who knows.

Fire/explosion was on the second floor, so everything below it is soaked, original wood floors, there was a section of drywall in the middle of my dining room table. Also a piano in the dining room seems to be OK. That is one of the bonuses in this, I purchased it 25 years ago for 2 or 3 thousand. It is now worth between 14 and 16K. So trying to get that out this week for cleaning and restoration. Plan to give it to my daughter, she played the piano so beautifully as a youngster.

Just wondering what the future holds now. Anybody have a crystal ball that they can ask for me?
(2)

Wow SharynMarie!
Congratulations on the birth of your grandsons, Ethan and Logan. Their mom has been though it! Glad she is safe.
Have a safe trip home.

Thanks for the wishes Cuz and Jen and Sharynmarie. This has been an experience for sure. Butt hurtz. Probably need to get one of those inflatable donut pillows and an ice pack.

Jen! Still here, just was so exhausted and sick I couldn't even cook for myself or do much else much less write. I know that we have all been there, when it's just too much to do anything. It takes all I have to just get through the day and night. This infection requires you to keep cleaning with bleach and I clean and clean and wash everything in hot water and bleach and that alone will wear you out.
Wah wah big deal right!?

It's 3:30am right now and I can't sleep and have racing thoughts but can't take anything for it because it will interfere with the meds I am on. Oy!

I learned about a better probiotic today and have ordered it. It's from a yeast instead of the lactobacillus and other strains so the antibiotics don't hurt it. C-diff people have had success with it because this crazy stuff just keeps coming back in spite of weapons grade antibiotics. Hopefully this will work for me and it should be here on Wednesday.

Cuz: Sure would be good to see you guys. Plenty of room here especially if you don't mind sleeping on a big boat. You can go fishing in my dinghy. Perfect for the creek and these surroundings. Don't even have to bring a pole. Enough stuff around here to open a Bass Pro Shop.

Loved that joke. Will be repeating it at the first opportunity.

Going to try to go back to bed even though the next medicine alarm will go off at 5am.

Kuli! Congratulations on your new baby!
Ah…. That new baby smell. You can't beat it!

DEEF! Austin! Juju! Mame! Meanwhile! Gladimhere!

lovbob
(0)

Bobbie- sorry to hear about the c-diff. Since May, wow!! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

My grandsons arrived right after midnight this morning. Ethan weighs 6.11 and Logan weighs 5.14.all are doing great. My dd hemorraged from blood clots in the uterus post op...had a transfusion and is fine now.

Have to leave for home tomorrow morning... sad about that. Have a relaxing labor day weekend.
(3)

Stay well bobmiester, no captain no ship as far as I am concerned! Thinking of you. Here in Spokane, (he's not dead yet) Love, Jen
(2)

The Doctor visit

​In addition​ to you (and there ars several), I need to see if I can find my Dr's email. He needs a good laugh as well.

An 80-year-old man went to his doctor for his annual check-up.
The doctor asks him how he's feeling. The 80-year-old says, "I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. What do you think about that?"
The doctor considers his question for a minute and then begins.
"I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid trophy hunter and never misses a season. One day, when he was going out hunting, he was in a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun. When he got to the creek, he saw a prime beaver sitting beside the stream of water. He raised his cane and went 'bang, bang'.
Suddenly, two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. What do you think of that?"

The 80-year-old said, "I'd say somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver."

The doctor replied, "My point exactly."
(1)

Hey cuz Sorry to here what you have been going through. Wish there could be something I could do for you. That has got to be something terrible to go through. I was on probiotics for only a week after I had the backdoor trots for 5 days straight, so I know how ya felt with that part. Hugs to ya cuz and get yourself better. Maybe this winter we can make a trip your way and give ya the big hug in person that I am sending your way right now. Love ya in the long distance way OK? Harv (akaCuz)
(2)

Sorry I haven't posted but I have been sick as a dog.

I have C-diff.

Got it from the antibiotic Clindamyicin that I was prescribed for an infection. Have been in and out of the hospital 5 times and this thing is the toughest health issue I think I have ever battled.

Started when I was misdiagnosed and a UTI was missed even though my bacteria count was elevated. I knew something was up but never had one before even thought my mom had them, I didn't recognize it in myself.
The infection raged and went all the way up my back through my kidneys and into my teeth and neck!
The hospital ER told me I was depressed when in fact I had this infection. Had they caught it then none of this would be happening to me.
The doctor accused me of not giving a 'clean' urine sample even though I had showered and had put on fresh clothes immediately before arriving.
I was too sick and beat up to argue. My mistake.

When I was trying to fight what I thought was an absessed tooth, I was prescribed Clindamyicin and after taking that for 14 days and being so sick I came down with C-diff. That was 5 weeks ago and this insanity has been going on since May.

This is my second round of trying to fight the C-diff with 2 antibiotics now instead of just one. I had a CT scan and my intestines don't have any lesions yet which is good and I discovered that I have an allergy to Morphine when they gave me a push for pain and I thought my brain was going to explode. They gave me Benadryl to counteract that and it made me pass out. That all happened day before yesterday.

I am exhausted and have alarms set on my phone for 10 different times throughout a 24 hour period where I am taking medicine and massive doses of probiotics.

When I hit the head I treat it like a BioHazard Level 5 and shower each time with antibacterial soap. I know there's got to be something funny here but I haven't found it yet.

At least I'm losing weight.

It's been an interesting summer.

I have read everyone's posts but have been too shot out to respond to everyone but please know that you all are on my mind daily and I hope for the best for all.

Please don't stop posting or don't think I don't care and that all of the people here don't care. We all do but I know that we all get carried away in our lives.

I hope everyone is doing ok with what they are dealing with.

lovbob
(2)

A professor at Wayne State University in Detroit was giving a lecture on Paranormal Studies.

To get a feel for his audience, the lecturer asks, "How many people here believe in ghosts?"

About 90 students raise their hands.

"Well, that's a good start. Out of those who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you have seen a ghost?"

About 40 students raise their hands.

"That's really good. I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost?"

About 15 students raise their hand.

"Has anyone here ever touched a ghost?"

Three students raise their hands.

"That's fantastic. Now let me ask you one question further. Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?"

Way in the back, Ahmed raises his hand.

The professor takes off his glasses and says, "Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have made love to a ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience."

The Middle Eastern Muslim student replied with a nod and a grin, and began to make his way up to the podium. When he reached the front of the room, the professor asks, "So, Ahmed, tell us what it's like to have sex with a ghost?"

Ahmed replied, "Sh*t, from way back there I thought you said goats."
(2)

SMART Donkey

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a

Well. The animal cried piteously for hours as

The farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the

Well needed to be covered up anyway;

It just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over
And help him.. They all grabbed a shovel and began

To shovel dirt into the well. At first, the

Donkey realized what was happening and cried

Horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he

Quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally

Looked down the well. He was astonished at what

He saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his

Back, the donkey was doing something amazing.

He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel

Dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it

Off and take a step up.

Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey

Stepped up over the edge of the well and

Happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds

Of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well

Is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of

Our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out

Of the deepest wells just by not stopping,

Never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.

Free your mind from worries - Most never happen.

Live simply and appreciate what you have.

Give more.

Expect less.

NOW ............

Enough of that crap . .. The donkey later came back,

And bit the farmer who had tried to bury him.

The gash from the bite got infected and

The farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock..

MORAL FROM TODAY'S LESSON:

When you do something wrong, and try to cover

Your ass, it always comes back to bite you.

You have two choices...smile and close this

Page, or pass this along to someone else to

Spread the fun.
(4)

Yowsa Deef I hope the kid is OK! Oil Burns, that's for life! Poor kid!
Cool and windy here, blowing house out ALL DAY LONG!!!!
Have a safe and sane weekend all.
Check yer tooth brushes....Jen
(1)

Mormongirl Welcome this thread was started by Bobbie many years a go-Bobbie is an exceptional lady who has been a good friend to us all and has helped us all to cope with what we never asked for in regard to the hardest job of all -caregiving where you seem to be invisible to everyone around you-Bobbie has brought us out the the black hole very often and I can not say enough good things about this wonderful caring lady.
(4)

WOW! Time to hide the toothbrush! There are a lot of things that you kinda just gotta try not to think about! It is a comfort to know you didn't use it! Lets stay with that belief! When stuff like that happens I just got to look for humor in it somewhere! Everybody have a good day!
(2)

Talk about a whirl wind vacation!!! Sorry for not posting, but as soon as my sister arrived on July 26th, I have not had a moment to myself! Her 2 weeks here were spent running back and forth across town twice a day to deal with Blanche. (her mom in law). We literally went out to breakfast once and only to the grocery store or Walmart a few times. Our biggest highlight was the 49cent ice cream cones from McD's at the end of the day! I did cook a lot of her favorite foods and we managed to go blueberry picking early one morning.
She was able to talk to the elder services people and set up a visit to happen while her husband was here with his mom last week. Unfortunately the rest of the paperwork and visits will be mine to deal with, sigh...
Va. was nice and I got to spend time with my 2 grand nephews and grand niece. The 8 year old had surgery on his head again while i was there. He pulled a pan of hot oil off the stove onto the top of his head when he was 2 and has had many surgeries to try to stretch his scalp areas that still had hair, to cover the scarred parts where hair couldn't grow. Really gross and I wish they would leave him alone for a while, but I guess this time may have finally got everything covered.
That's a story for another time I guess.
Got back here Sunday afternoon and had 3 frantic phone messages from Blanche, so I had no time to relax or unpack.
Now I'm in the midst of dealing with tons of tomatoes from my garden! Seems they all decided to ripen at the same time! My fingers are tomato colored for now. Got 3 batches of salsa canned up already and need to do another tomorrow along with a batch of peach jam. The concord grapes are ready to start harvesting too. I go to Blanche's from 11:30 to 2 and from 5:30 to 7 every day, so that doesn't leave much time to do all that needs doing!
I'll try to read all the posts I missed and catch up with everyone soon. Hope you are all well!
Love Deef!!
(2)

I'm so sorry Mame, didn't mean to gross anyone out. I'm afraid Juju can't make it to another dentist or surely she would.
Great news Kuli. You will have to keep us up dated on your new grandson.
My Aunt and her daughter left today. Mom is up walking around better than she has in months. My Aunt kept trying to help with things, and mom just wouldn't let her. Of course now she is gripping about how my Aunt didn't do anything. And, of course she is completely exhausted. Oh, and breakfast, yesterday. Mom made biscuits and gravy from scratch. My Aunt helped herself to 3 big biscuits. Mom say's "I can't believe you ate 3 biscuits", My Aunt fires back "I can't believe your counting". My cousin and I are choking trying not to laugh. Mom has always picked on my Aunt, and Auntie used to be quiet and reserved and just take it. Not any more though. My mom isn't used to anyone talking back to her, so the look on her face was priceless.
(2)

Congratulations Kuli! Happy New Baby Day to you!
(1)

Congratulations Kuli! Enjoy! Wonderful news!
Thanks for typing all that up Cuz!
Juju-glad you are feeling accomplished!
Meanwhile-dentist stuff doesn't usually bother me-but reading that was making me woozy! Haha! Juju-I would go to a different dentist!!!!!
Glad it is cooling off Jen! Warming up and humid again here. Typical.
Austin-I would go every day if I could! I love the Fair! They call me "My Fair Lady!"
Mame
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter