Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
My 82 year old stepfather helped me fix the cooler today. It is on the roof, and he went right up the ladder and onto the roof. Going to fix him BBQ and chocolate pie for father's day.
(3)

I have so many disgusting stories. But think I will just throw out a fun fact that my daughter told me. Today June 13. Is Friday the 13 th and also a full moon. The next time that Friday the 13th and full moon ever happen again on same day will be in the year 2045. Kinda fun fact 😀😀😀 lighten mood up alittle and food for thought
(2)

could be worse :)
(1)

Jen
Well I will hold all the good ones until you say its OK. I have been there and done it with the stitches and the laughter. Hernia when I was 17 and the kid across the room had a blown appendics but he was jokester. Half of the day I had a pillow around my ears so I couldn't here him cracking jokes. So rest up Jen and when you feel the erg to laugh just let me know and we will see if we can get ya going. Hugs to ya.
luvCuz
(2)

I didn't read then cuz AND THAT'S WHY!!! I won't even watch comedies I just am not gonna do it!
(1)

Jen, so glad your back. Take it easy. Indio finally got behind the wheel today, and he didn't run over anyone. It's been 8 days since he hurt his eye. I took the stitches out of the corner of his eye today. The eye Dr, told him to have his regular Dr do it. But, that means sitting and waiting at least 2 hours, to get 2 stitches out.
(1)

Jen glad to hear from you -tell Mom you need at least weeks of rest before going back to usual activities -we were all concerned about you and glad it is over.
(1)

Glad to hear from ya Jen. Hopefully ya didn't split stitches with the Jokes. Sorry what was I thinkin.
luv Cuz
(2)

Glad to hear from you Jen! Sorry it was so awful... Hope you mend well and quickly. Take it easy! Mame
(1)

Glad you're back Jen!
It will get better and ya, don't let anyone talk you into crazy.
You will feel better as long as you don't have to tote that barge….

lovbob
(1)

Jen- rest and rest some more. Well someone arrested..just a little entertainment in the ER! Maybe he didnt pay his bill, LOL!
(1)

alien flag warning Jen...is baaack...
I did not die...it was worse than i expected, I am off the pain meds after three days will be writing a strongly worded letter when my "Please review our hospital" survey arrives. FP is not dea, and mom who had to take out the garbage and do the dishes, like three times already asked..."You probably won't be up to going and doing a lot of walking around today right?" She asked hopefully so she didn't have to shop on her own...You know, she is getting so scatty driving, I don't WANT her out alone either, but no Ma, after major surgery and not being able to sleep or eat for four days, I really don't feel up to running errands...
i waited this procedure two weeks and thought I might die, now I wish I had...yes, it is that bad...in the OR prep area I looked at the clock at 8 Am 8:30 Am 9 Am and thought: there are people thinking of me somewhere and I am not alone.
Took a cab there, walked in and some guy was laying on the floor, handcuffed being arrested by security...Yeah, it was always gonna be just that good...
Still alive....
hope everyone is doing OK where they are...how ever you can! god i am so tired...
just so fing tired!!!
(2)

Oh, you did some catching up Cuz. Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
(2)

Very funny Cuz!!
(0)

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.

Send this to smart women who need a laugh and to men you think can handle it.
(1)

THE SILENT TREATMENT

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment.

Suddenly the man realized that the next day he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight.

Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper,'Please wake me at 5:00 AM.'
He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight.

Furious, he was about to go to see why his wife hadn't wakened him when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed.
The paper said, 'It is 5:00 AM.
Wake up.'

Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.
(1)

Marriage (Part IV)

A man has six children and is very proud of his achievement.

He is so proud of himself, that he starts calling his wife,' Mother of Six' in spite of her objections.

One night, they go to a party. The man decides that it IS time to go home and wants to find out if his wife is ready to leave as well.
He shouts at the top of his voice, 'Shall we go home Mother of Six?'

His wife, irritated by her husband's lack of discretion, shouts right back, 'Any time you're ready, Father of Four.'

(RIGHT ON, LADY!)
(2)

Marriage (Part III)

Husband (a doctor) and his wife are having a fight at the breakfast table.

Husband gets up in a rage and says, 'And you are no good in bed either,' and storms out of the house.

After some time he realizes he was nasty and decides to make amends and rings her up.

She comes to the phone after many rings, and the irritated husband says, 'What took you so long to answer the phone?'
She says, 'I was in bed.'

'In bed this early, doing what?'

'Getting a second opinion!'

(YEP, HE HAD THAT COMING, TOO!)
(2)

Marriage (Part II)

Husband and wife had a bitter quarrel on the day of their 40th wedding anniversary!
The husband yells, 'When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that reads, 'Here Lies My Wife -- Cold As Ever'!'

'Yeah?' she replies. 'When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that reads, 'Here Lies My Husband -- Stiff At Last'!'

(HE ASKED FOR IT!)
(2)

Typical macho man married typical good-looking lady, and after the wedding, he laid down the following rules:

'I'll be home when I want, if I want and at what time I want -- and I don't expect any hassle from you.
I expect a great dinner to be on the table unless I tell you that I won't be home for dinner.
I'll go hunting, fishing, boozing, and card-playing when I want with my old buddies, and don't you give me a hard time about it.
Those are my rules. Any comments?'

His new bride said: 'No, that's fine with me. Just understand that there will be sex here at seven o'clock every night...whether you're here or not.'

(DARN SHE'S GOOD!)
(2)

A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlor and pulled
himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool... After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.
The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'
'No,' he replied, 'Arthritis.'
(1)

Hey Jen! Hoping all is well and you can get on your computer and give us a shout soon!!!
(2)

Shout out to Jen!! Hope you are recovering well.
(2)

Quite the day here! Not only did I wake up with a stomach bug? and spent half my day in the bathroom, but had to drive across town to Blanche's 4 times.
Apparently she got up way too early and got ready for church. When her lady friend didn't come to pick her up for church (she did!) Blanche got pissed and undressed and went to bed. When her friend got there at 10 like she said, Blanche was sound asleep and didn't answer the doorbell or her phone. That led to the minister calling my BIL in Virginia, Like he could do something!!! So my sister called and left me a message because we were out in the yard. So I cleaned myself up as best I could and headed across town to check on Blanche. When I got there the drapes were closed tight and the house was still locked up. I let myself in and wondered what I would find. Well, she was in bed sound asleep!!! Didn't even wake up when I talked to her. She was sleeping peacefully so I called her son and then drove back home to get back in bed myself.
I headed back over after 2 and she was still sleeping, so I woke her up to see if she was sick, but she said no and was going to the bathroom and then back to bed. I started to heat her some lunch but she assured me she was just tired and needed to sleep more. So when she had settled herself back into bed, I left.
I went back a couple hours later and she was up and dressed like it was early morning. I fed her supper and waited for her son to do the 7Pm Weekend call. After that I fed her some supper and a cup of cold applesauce as the house was hot as h*ll! It was in the 80's here today. Falling asleep here, will finish my story tomorrow.
Night, Deef!
I will try to call Jen at home tomorrow.
(3)

I'm worried about Jen too. Hope she is recovering from her surgery, and all went well.
I had to hike around the 50 acres looking for the horses this evening. Nice evening for a walk. The dogs love to go, but Sam's old dog is 14 years now. He acted like he wasn't up to it. So I left the gate to the yard open, when he gets tired, he goes back on his own. I finally found the horses in the far corner after about 30 minutes of hiking. Turn around and there is Snuffy (the old dog), right behind me.
(2)

Thanks Mame.

Jen! Worried about Jen.

lovbob
(1)

You've always got our backs Bobbie! Thank you!
(2)

Meanwhile! Boat Time!

It's true, like Deef says, one of us is going to have to win the lottery so we can have our convention.

Glad you didn't give yourself the heatstroke Shirley. I know I told you guys about how I almost dropped over from the heat and then I realized that I was more sensitive than ever.
Glad that Indio is on the mend but take care that you don't do too much as well!

I think that we are all insanely hard workers to the detriment of ourselves. Maybe we need to start a group called Recovering Workaholics.

It's 5:45am here on the Salt Marsh and the sunrise will be beautiful.

All I can think about is Jen. If anyone has heard from her on the back channels please let me know. I am worried and just want to see that red rectangle with what I would call an allen wrench on it and hear the news.

Mame! I laughed out loud about the alien noises coming out of the dog after the resurrected rawhide. Thanks for the laugh. Hope you got the outside time you were looking for.

Deef!! Blanche has dementia! Riot acts will just wear you out and she isn't going to change. Hope help is coming soon so you can get out from under that.

Here in this location I have met a few people who have a parent who has cognitive issues and there is a sibling taking care of that parent while the people I have met go about their lives with little or no interruption. I don't forget all of the stories I have learned from the caregivers on this site who were stuck doing the dirty work while the sibs were out in the world living their lives. I try not to be an a**hole but hey, you guys know me by now and I get a few sentences in on behalf of their caregiver siblings.
These people are clueless about what it takes to pull off this job of caregiving and when I try to tune them up they work very hard to tune me out. Denial.

OK, out to hose the dock.

lovbob
(2)

It's been over 100 degrees here all week, but this afternoon it clouded up and rained. Did get the front yard, and orchard trimmed with the weed eater (and not give myself a heat stroke while I was doing it). Indio is so frustrated, he can't help with much. But, the injured eye is still red, swollen and gets painful if he bends over. So just trying to get him to take it easy.. He can't drive so he is staying here, with his giant white dog. The cats are unhappy about the dog, but otherwise fine.
(2)

Mame the joint commission inspections get everyone riled up if they followed standards all the time it would be easier on everyone but they only usually last 3 days at most it would have been easier on you to have been made aware of the different routine ahead of time but they probably did not think of that-actually signs are supposed to be prominently displayed in case you want to give your opium of anything to the inspectors while thy are there -at least NY requires this.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter