Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Ow, six mos pregnant with a sprain, that is just more stress....Hope she heals fast, bout the time the baby comes she should be back on two legs...

Had another emergency vet app Sat..CLEO throwing up spraying blood....At this point it seems to be a bladder infection so got her some meds, cut out all food for 24 hours, and slowly getting back to normal....Oh...the bill?....$776.49....
At the vet I had the estimate before the bill at $650.00 and I took it out to mom and fp in waiting room...""Well you always said: "Your grandparents would do anything for you..." so here ya go." but she put it on her credit card of course and her checking and where the money to pay her back comes from...F*** if I know!!!

Have a good week everyone, what ever it takes...

Hear ya mame...hear ya....
(1)

It did it again...posted for me on own...computer is acting weird lately....anyway
that was supposed to say "they say follow your heart......crap, LOL"

I am making it a point to call my friend more, if I cant get out...she In the 6 mo pregnant now. she had a scare few weeks ago, passed out at home, low blood sugar, fell pretty hard, baby is ok but she hurt her ankle...either sprain or break and they are still not sure...I tell ya had ct scan Friday.... anyway she in a boot n crutches up and around bit more now but she was in so much pain the first two weeks. I am hoping to see her in the next week or two!! We are looking forward to that!
Weather is holding out here-Indian summer but it is a bit more chilly last few days. Not long for the rains to set in for our long wet winter...probably not as bad as some of you all but spending most of my life in different dry/warmer weather it is an adjustment - cant do nothing about, it seems to rain from October thru May if not June. but it kinda contributes to the blues when it always grey n damp! Anyway I think I will get yard cleaned up a little this afternoon while sun is out!
Hope you all having a good weekend!
Peace,
Juju
(1)

Oh Mame...I would have flipped something but would not have been a switch, more like an extremity, he he he.... Hang in there, I sure felt that way this week, just get tired of it all sometimes, so tired!
did feel kinda good just blurting it out here this week, that I am so sick of it, don't want to do it, my heart does but my mind doesn't ugh.....they say follow your heart!
(1)

THE BIRTHDAY WISH...........to be 8 again

A man was sitting on the edge of the bed, watching his wife, who was
looking at herself in the mirror. Since her birthday was not far off he asked
what she'd like to have for her birthday.

'I'd like to be eight again', she replied, still looking in the mirror .

On the morning of her Birthday, he arose early, made her a nice big bowl
of Coco Pops, and then took her to Adventure World theme park.
What a day! He put her on every ride in the park; the Death Slide, the
Wall of Fear, the Screaming Roller Coaster, everything there was.

Five hours later they staggered out of the theme park. Her head was
reeling and her stomach felt upside down. He then took her to a McDonald's where
he ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a chocolate shake.

Then it was off to a movie, popcorn, a soda pop, and her favourite candy,
M&M's. What a fabulous adventure!

Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed into bed exhausted.

He leaned over his wife with a big smile and lovingly asked, 'Well Dear,
what was it like being eight again?

Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed.

'I meant my dress size, you f@*#*! retard!!!!'

The moral of the story.......

Even when a man is listening, he is gonna get it wrong.
(3)

A guy was driving home one evening when he suddenly realizes that it is his daughter's birthday and that he hasn't bought her anything. Out the corner of his eye he sees a shopping mall. Knowing it was "now or never", he pulls his car through three lanes of traffic, finds a parking bay and runs into the mall.

After a frantic search he finds a toy store, goes inside and attracts the attention of a shop assistant. When asked what he would like, he simply says "a Barbie doll". The shop assistant looks at him in the particularly condescending manner that only shop assistants can muster up and asks "Which Barbie would that be, sir?"

The man looks surprised so the assistant continues "We have Barbie Goes the Gym for $19.95, Barbie Goes to the Ball for $19.95, Barbie Goes Shopping for $19.95, Barbie Goes to the Beach for $19.95, Barbie Goes Night Clubbing for $19.95, and Divorced Barbie for $265.00"

The man can't help himself and asks "why is Divorced Barbie $265.00 when all the other Barbies are selling for $19.95?"

"That's obvious!" the assistant exclaims, "Divorced Barbie comes with Ken's house, Ken's car, Ken's furniture ....
(1)

Very sensitive today. Mom just told me to shut up-which doesn't happen often, but I don't usually react with tears! Of course it was over something I am always telling her to do, for her own good... Today is one of those days where I really wonder how much more I can stand. Son told me last evening that I need a new attitude. Yea, just let me flip that switch.
(1)

He's still here...And if he wasn't we'd be broke..Like welfare broke...I am trying to shut it out...completely...

Stay Sane Everyone! Jen

So much for "Don't poop where you eat" ...Oregon...what is a poor cat to do!
(2)

Hello Everyone! I just thought I pop-in to let everyone know that I am still alive. I have been going on FB and seemed to be addicted to their games. Also, taking a online class about Dementia through the St. John Hopkin's Institute.

Seems like a lot has happen since I have been away.
Cuz, so happy your r feeling better and I always enjoy your jokes.
Juju, I glad u were able to get some time to do your hair n I bet it looks really nice. I haven't had time to do my natural gray hair streaks. lol I do hear ya about wanting out of the care-giving job n just wanting a life besides seeking the few hrs. As for the respite place, can u seek to find another one being u were not to please with it? I found a church that is pretty good for the mil but its only from 10-2pm. Plus, its hard to get her to go just one day wk. Now, I don't even tell her until we r their. (I'm a sneaky little devil. Hey, a caregiver got to do what a caregiver got to do to get a little break.)
BTW, Y'all can keep all that white flurry stuff. It got down n the 40's last night n that's pretty cold right now for GA. I don't like cold weather causes ache joints.
Bobbie, don't work to hard on the deck-dock.
Well those I may have missed but not intentionally, I hope yall r all doing fine.
Sunday, will be the mil's b-day. She will be 82. I am going bake her a chocolate cake with cream cheese icing. I have a singing tune b-day candle for her too. Even though she said's she don't celebrate her birthday, she enjoys the extra attention n the gifts. ; ) Well, my addition is kicking in so I have to go plays some Pet-Rescue and Candy-Crush on F.B. I hope everyone is able to have a nice weekend and try to stay warm n dry. lildeb.
(2)

Mame I think I read your comment wrong about help but no worries.....ya I was so looking forward to that new respite program but I was so disgusted with the condition I picked her up in the first visit I just have no desire to go back. I guess I should work on that an making a detailed care plan for them to follow attached around her darn neck or something and go back.

and the new VA funds that came thru but have been holding back with that as I believe this house is going to cost us quite a bit outta pocket even with the insurance coverage of the new damage...I am going to have to make the floors right meaning I will have to tear out the other side of the home. (it is warped from previous home damage not taken care of..i think I told you I picked the house that went thru a mudslide)...they are covering enough to put new flooring on top but I will have to repair the underneath stuff
anyway that is where all the VA funds are going for now once done maybe I can pay for more help or start looking for a weekend program somewhere. I did interview a foster home not far away when she first got hurt in Feb. about a one weekend a month respite stay.
So I guess I just need to hold on for a little bit longer I hope!
k thanks n have a good day!
Peace,
Juju
(2)

Thank you ladies....Bobbie you say things so well, and Mame, so sweet for you to say you would give me a break if you could...cause I believe you, lol, you know how it is to here it and not see it happen so I believe you when you say it!!
And I really just cried for you, cuz I know that exact feeling...but it did make me look at the situation again and think should I start thinking bout placing her after we get the house done...then I can sell it and place her and move on. but ya I cant figure out how I can leave her somewhere with strangers....I think I hold on too much maybe cause she Is all I have in the world and family...am I holding on for me yet holding on is killing me....but ya I truly think it is not me it is the level of care issue, ....if it was right here nearby where I could stop by in a matter of moments whenever I wanted. gosh I would give anything for family right now, a sibling or spouse to just talk to and help just a bit with some of this stuff around here I wouldn't be so damn stressed all the time!! I gotta start finding a way to meet some new "good" people.
I initially thought I could get out more, maybe find a faith group (with Ma) now that I was feeling better. However the situation with her bones has really opened a new door of concern and I don't even want to do much with her now. We did get out and do stuff before all these injuries, now that is gone I am too exhausted and she is too frail....I do need to get away on my own but at least we were getting away and out even if together.

Well off to take on the day!
Thanks for the support all, hang in there!
Peace,
Juju
(2)

Juju! Yup those are the feeling and you do the best you can with them. Sux over the top and I know exactly about wanting your mom to have the best care and then you start to understand the awful cost to yourself and the tug of war inside your head begins....

lovbob
(3)

Thanks Mame.

I like to watch stuff like that too. It's like visiting with your friends and you can use it as background while you deal with the everyday crazy.

Off to do some dock stuff. Hard to take the folks from Downton with me!

Enjoy your DVDs Mame!

lovbob
(1)

Juju-yup-that is the argument my head has with itself all the time. And I mean ALL the time. I want mom to have the best care...but on a day when I am tired and miserable and resentful-I too wonder if that is me! I have learned to tell myself, "you are tired" and it kinda centers me. I take a deep breath and soldier on. I am sorry that my post made you cry-but I completely understand! You have been under incredible stress with all you have going on. Taking care of mom is quite enough without all the other stuff! I wish you had some regular, trusted help. It would give you a break even for a small amount of time where you can regroup. You need that to keep going without going nuts. You are in my prayers Juju!
Snow in some parts of Central NY this morning-but not right here. Maybe tonight. My son texted me late last night to say he has snow at college! He said it was beautiful and fluffy! Hubby works about an hour north of home and he sent me a pic this morning of slushy, wet icky snow and said it was thundering! Very different from my son's experience! And so it begins. It has been a beautiful fall tho.
Mom has been coming out to our living room and watching movies with us the last 2 nights. She gets really winded but she makes it. She told me she needs to walk out here every day to keep in shape...last night she told me she doesn't believe she ever said that! huff, puff... I feel like a tape recorder telling her that she has too keep moving for her health... and she gets mad at me... But, I have to turn off the daughter in me and be her nurse at times and not take it personally... Ahhhhh...the life of a caregiver!
Cuz-glad you got the good word and good luck on the physical. Jokes are a hoot! Thank you! Snow in Michigan?
Oregon-I am picturing you and the cat looking back and forth at each other like "what the ??" Funny stuff!
Bobbie-someday I am going to go back and read all your posts and pull out my favorite one liners-some of the things you say just make me laugh out loud! I did that for Downton Abbey-the best one liners the grandmother comes out with. Probably only really funny if you know the context-but it is fun for me. Guess I have too much time on my hands... haha....(I received all 3 the seasons on DVD as gifts and watch over and over)
Well, I hope everyone has a happy Thursday. Or at least a decent one! Mame
(3)

OregonD. that is too funny! I can just see li'l kitty sitting there saying....hmmm love me some kibble, but something Is very wrong here!
(3)

oops what happened? it posted itself all on own....weird....
anyway, the hair does look so much better!

Mame, hope mom is doing ok...I feel for you. When I read your comment about NH and who would be up in the night rubbing her back and talking and calming her. it broke my heart...I just cried for you and all of us.
Also it woke me up a bit....ever since we had the house torn up I have been struggling and find I am short and grumpy again with mom. Made me stop and regroup...I do this to ensure she has better care of her than a facility but am I????. I am grumpy and too burned out again!! I don't like this side of me!!
this past few months, the house, moms dr problems, car, Wanda, Cat, etc... Have overwhelmed me...I was just barely coming out of from this caregiver coma, feeling some overdue hope n happiness and slammmmmm
first and most disturbing the discovery of the incompetent (and corrupt) healthcare professionals. it was mind blowing for me....The pronlem it leaves me with is I need a freaking break....and after all this I don't want to leave her anywhere with anyone I don't completely trust and have faith in.
What is one to do.....????????? rambling on......

Bobbie....I am thinking of those posts you directed to me back when I first came aboard,( hey a pun) something about how injust and evilly wrong this role is. It is!!!! So freaking unfair and wicked! I know I try to calm myself by saying I chose this...but I had no idea what I was getting into!!! the truth is I want out, I want a life!!! I didn't think I would never be able to leave home for more than 3 hrs alone and only when I have a helper available. But I want out knowing my mom will be well cared for!!!

Anyway.. time to call the contractor to see if has paperwork ready!
Everyone, hang in there!!!
Peace,
Juju
(2)

Morning everyone,
Cuz, so glad you got the clean health report!
Well we made it thru another week. Finally we should have my car back this next week. That will be nice as the beast does not accommodate us well. Thank goodness the rain did stop few weeks ago and has been real nice.
Made progress with mortage co on releasing the money for the work on home but now I need the contractor to submit paperwork and he has been dragging his feet was supposed to be done a week ago....

Mustered up some ??? and dyed my hair Sunday finally!! had bout 6in of exposed greying roots, especially that patch/streak right at my temple.
(1)

Prayer for Leroy
In a Detroit church one Sunday morning, a preacher said,
"Anyone with 'special needs' who wants to be prayed over, please come forward to the front by the altar."
With that, Leroy got in line, and when it was his turn, the Preacher asked, "Leroy, what do you want me to pray about for you?"
Leroy replied, "Preacher, I need you to pray for help with my hearing."
The preacher put one finger of one hand in Leroy's ear, placed his other hand on top of Leroy's head, and then prayed and prayed and prayed. He prayed a "blue streak"
for Leroy, and the whole congregation joined in with great enthusiasm.

After a few minutes, the preacher removed his hands, stood
back and asked, "Leroy, how is your hearing now?"

Leroy answered, "I don't know. It ain't 'til Thursday."
(3)

A hillbilly went hunting one day in West Virginia and bagged three ducks. He put them in the bed of his pickup truck and was about to drive home where he was confronted by an ornery game warden who didn’t like hillbillies.The game warden ordered to the hillbilly to show his hunting license, and the hillbilly pulled out a valid West Virginia hunting license. The game warden looked at the license, then reached over and picked up one of the ducks, sniffed its butt, and said, “This duck ain’t from West
Virginia . This is a Kentucky duck. You got a Kentucky huntin’ license, boy?”
The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced a Kentucky hunting
license.

The game warden looked at it, then reached over and grabbed the
second duck, sniffed its butt, and said, “This ain’t no Kentucky duck. This
duck’s from Tennessee. You got an Tennessee license?”
The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced an Tennessee license.
The warden then reached over and picked up the third duck, sniffed its butt, and said This ain’t no Tennessee duck. This here duck’s from Virginia. . You got a Virginia. huntin’ license?”

Again the hillbilly reached into his wallet and brought out a Virginia hunting license. The game warden was extremely frustrated at this point, and he yelled at the hillbilly “Just where the hell are you from?

“The hillbilly turned around, bent over, dropped his pants, and said “You tell me, you’re the expert!!”
(5)

Good one Oregon!
Welcome to the funny farm!
lovbob
(2)

OMG my mother's cat was meowing at me so I thought he must want his kitty litter cleaned. To my surprise he was sitting in front of the box looking in. My 90 yr old mother had evidently decided to clean it. However she filled it with cat food. Both the cat and I just couldn't believe our eyes LOL.
(8)

Yay Cuz!

Hello everyone...

Jen! It can't go on forever, I swear!! Any minute now....

Internet has been out again. Now it looks like it goes out when it rains. Nice, eh? Going to have to go out with a tube of silicone and cover the connectors.

Going to be left with the dock again for 3 days. Not a bad thing.

Mame! glad you had a little time to have a glass of wine and visit with your sister. And to see that play. Ya, we can't escape demented behavior and poop it seems. *sigh*

Menawhile! Kuli! Austin! SharynMarie! New people!

Linda! Thanks so much for the hug. I think about you all the time and am glad for the little dog. The boat is in a new place and the dingy is in the water!

Glad blood tests are coming back healthy and I hope everyone can deal with their respective issues as best as they can.

lovbob
(2)

Got the results from blood tests and everything was great, no problems. Go for physical Friday. Hugs
LivCuz
(4)

God cuz....wish i could...well i can here...anyhow

He got home about one saw me taking dog out.."GOOMORNINJENNY" cheery ass mother......

Oh and tonight's comments for the evening...

"Daddy, YOU need to let me know from now on when you have a bowel movement, you are not wiping or washing your hands...."

great great
(1)

The nurse at my brothers Dr's office just said sorry. My brother told her "thanks for f-------- up my whole weekend" He just tells it like it is.
Everyone else is doing super. MIL is back to normal and trying to milk the hospital stay. I have to go in for bloodwork in the morning and won't be able to find food fast enough afterwords. Might take a samich right into the lab with me and take a bite when she sticks the needle in.
luvCuz
(4)

Thank God you are there for her Jen. You are a good daughter. Hang in there!
(2)

Thanks mame, she notices it on days like this, where she is upset and flustered and I have to guide what we need to do and help her do it...
(1)

He said he is gonna ask his doctor for some diet pills to help him get the weight off...I just look at mom and signal: "Don't say anything, he is just talking, he is NOT gonna accept it is his age, he is weak and that's that!"
(1)

Keeping fingers crossed Jen!

Happy for you Austin-you deserve it!
(2)

My God, now I want to go disinfect the wash cloths...or burn them...

G took a fall this morning, the usual no strength (or feeling in feet) in legs...they went up the the ER, just to get him checked out...the million dollar question from the paramedic was; "Do you think he may be at a point where you can no longer care for him at home...?"
I shook my head "Yes" behind mom and she hemmed and hawed and thought maybe....
Didn't sleep last night, knew something was coming and just waited for it...
Mom said "Don't put the wheelchair in the car..."
Are we "there" yet?.....
it was already in the car. will let you all know what happens one way or another....
Jen
oh and yes Monty is howling like a loony in back...
(2)

I had to cart the husband back and forth to PT three times a week and what does he do when we get home -go out and mow the lawn and when I was investigated from APS for abusing him and he acted like he was half dead-he went out and lifted flag stones to put cement under them-I should of taken a picture-but it turned out ok I was talking to a man running for office and told him my experience with the APS lady and she was reported and never bothered me again-fast forward 4 yrs and I am dating a good man who also went through bad times with his wife.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter